MSCI Vice President - Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MSCI Vice President - Technology Interview Questions

Interviews at MSCI

3.5

Vice President - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MSCI (Mumbai (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screening by manager followed by a telephonic technical interview by a Swiss gentleman. Then a phone call/interview with the MD who is also based in Geneva. In the end there was an onsite, in-person interview in Mumbai. The onsite interview was a bad experience.

The Swiss technical interviewer was awesome. He spoke for 95 or 100 minutes and got the best out of me, while remaining extremely nice all the time. Unfortunately, I didn't get opportunity to work with this guy despite being in the same department.

Interview Questions

• The interview was highly technical and covered lot of breadth and depth. Concurrency, CAP theorem, Big data, NoSQL, some distributed computing, etc.
    At the end, he asked me if as a developer/engineer he could learn something from me.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I didn't have to negotiate. The offer was very good

Other Interview Reviews for MSCI

Vice President - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MSCI (Mumbai (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

Got call from recruiter for face 2 face interview. No telephonic or written rounds.
    All interviews done in 1 day.
    4 interviews in total, including one with MD.
    Interviews were good. No nonsense.
    Decision by EOD and final interview with HR.
    Offer letter in 4 days.
    Overall, the process was very smooth.

Interview Questions

• They asked technical questions. And also asked around my past projects. Management round to understand how i operate.   1 Answer

MSCI Response

Feb 7, 2017 – Executive Director, Americas Recruitment Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am very happy to hear about your positive experience during the recruiting process!