MSCI Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MSCI Senior Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MSCI (Norman, OK) in November 2012.

Interview

Very pleasant and professional treatment / experience. I was Initially contacted by MSCI recruiter out of NYC, who saw my profile on LinkedIn. I provided my resume, and interviewed with him on the phone to clarify the opportunity details and for MSCI to validate me as a candidate. A one-on-one interview at the work site followed. In that interview I was able to learn more about the position, the work team at that location, as well as the extended delivery team suporting the projects I would be involved in. It was a relaxed, yet structured interview with mainly behavioral questions related to the work being asked. I was told that I would continue as a candidate, and next step was a phone interview with the Hiring manager, based in the UK. That phone interview followed a similar format, but for me was more difficult over the phone. The process culminated the following week, when I was contacted by the NYC recruiter, who notified me I was not the candidate selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• If your high priority project was in contention for delivery resources with other high priority projects, how would you ensure yours was given the needed resources.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for MSCI

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at MSCI (Budapest (Hungary)) in July 2015.

Interview

Relaxed and very professional at the same time. Concentrate firstly on the comfort of the interviewee and just secondly on interogation :) Many rounds and feedback after each. Meet very interesting and easy going people who really knew their job.

Senior Associate Interview

Interview

5 interviews: one by HR, one by junior staff, two by senior stuffs, one by hiring manager. all done by phone calls. it is not expected that HR told me near my last phase of the process that the position is put-on-hold, so i did not have the offer.

Interview Questions

• regarding derivatives, what are those five famous Greek letters being used? what does Vega stand for? what will the option prices go if there are high volatility in the market?   Answer Question
    • what does a bond curve mean? what is duration and what is convexity?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MSCI in July 2014.

Interview

About 5 rounds of interviews, mostly via phone calls, just one with HR as a 1:1. The negotiation process is pretty long, It took almost 2 months and there were times when I didn't know if I was still a candidate or have I been dismissed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very good salary and according to what I've talked about in the HR interview

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MSCI.

Interview

There are 6 rounds of interview which i had gone through. 3 were pure techical and 2 were techno-functional and 1 HR round. It was a smooth but time consuming selection process. Which is applicable for all company working in investment banking domain.

Interview Questions

• Questions on design approach and bottom up questions on language.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MSCI (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

It was a very friendly interview with general financial and statistical concepts such as information ratio and standard deviation. The interviewer was curious as to why I would like to change employer and what my long term goal was.

Interview Questions

• How do you calculate the information ratio and what does it tell you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MSCI (Budapest (Hungary)) in June 2013.

Interview

It took 5+ weeks. 1st HR phone interview, 2nd face2face interview, 3rd phone interview with the hiring manager,4th interview with the team lead. I had no tricky questions, and the whole process was very smooth and had a good atmosphere.

Negotiation

I could negotiate easily my salary.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MSCI (Mumbai (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

The Interview process was Very Lengthy as I had 13 Rounds of interview and final selection took 4 months.

Some of the interviewers interviewed twice.Mostl of the interviews were telephonic and couple of them were 1on 1.

Overall it was quite lengthy process and post selection the background screening was also tough.

Interview Questions

• They asked how do I work in teams and why am I leaving my last company? they also wanted to know my biggest strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered the salary I asked.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MSCI (Mumbai (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

There were 4 odd rounds and not as quantitative as I had expected. This was for the client service role and the fact that I had a CFA and my previous experience accounted for more then my actual knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on Value at Risk and interpreting the number
      Team management experience
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MSCI (Budapest (Hungary)) in August 2011.

Interview

It was a fairly smooth process, but it took a lifetime, as you had to participate on like 5-6 rounds to have the final word. The recrtuitment is mostly totally clueless and the do massive overhiring. You will end up with a really simple position to fill in, and they expect to hire quantum physicists (not kidding) for basic research functions.

Be prepared for heavy artillery.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider your biggest flaw?   1 Answer