MSDSonline Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

MSDSonline Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MSDSonline (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

First when through a phone screening, then met in person at the Chicago office. Really great office space. Awesome location in River North on the river, open office environment, very young and collaborative. Had two panel interviews and a job shadow. Job shadowed another sales associate and then met with 2 executives and then 3 executives.

Interview Questions

• Why sales? If we asked your best friend for a recommendation what would they say? What skills set you apart from other candidates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MSDSonline (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Briefly had a very basic run of the mill phone interview/screening. Then you they have you come in for the in person interview. I had two sets of three people interview me, other people had three sets of two people. The first group will have your potential team leader along with the director.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to get what you want, without stepping on another colleagues toes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MSDSonline (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The first stage is a phone interview with one of the HR employees - it tends to be the easiest part and they may even offer you coaching for the next round. Then they email to invite you to an in-person interview. During that time you will shadow a representative and then move to two rounds of interviews. There will be a director or manager present in each panel and 2-3 representatives on each panel.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you had to work hard towards a definitive goal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MSDSonline (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Very quick 2 week process from start to finish. One quick on the phone interview where they screen your phone etiquette followed by in location interview. Starts off with shadowing of sales team member then interview with 3-5 sales team managers. Then a second round that same day of interviewers. Seems a bit much, however it is to your benefit all you have to really do is impress one or two well enough so that they can sway the panel to your favor. Very friendly interview process too.

Interview Questions

• Why sales? Where do you see yourself in the next few years? Why MSDS?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MSDSonline (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

First phone interview with HR. Then you come in for the in person interview. You interview with a lot of people but they break them up into a couple groups. The questions are pretty basic for an entry level position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MSDSonline (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview for a Sales Executive position. They contacted me via e-mail only a couple of hours after I applied for the job, which was surprising because it was a Saturday. They even contacted me again on Sunday to ask my availability. The phone interview itself wasn't very difficult. The questions seemed pretty basic-What I do in my current position, why I wanted to leave it, what challenges have I faced as a Sales person and how did I overcome them, where I see my career going. The interviewer was very professional and knowledgeable about the company. She asked me about my previous job--what skills I used and what the challenges were, and why I left it. She also asked how I deal with rejection while working in Sales, because you get rejected a lot. I asked her a few questions about the company, like what percentage of Sales Executives meet their quota. Her answers were really thorough. My impression of the company from the interview was positive, she mentioned that they have trips for the Sales people that meet their quota. The company's product also seems pretty interesting and it seems like there's a good market for it right now.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was the question of where I see my career being in 5 years. I have some teaching experience on my resume, even though I'm not a certified teacher, and I think she suspected that I ultimately plan on going into teaching. I don't want a career in sales, I'm just working in it for now to pay the bills, so I fumbled this question a little.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MSDSonline (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a simple straight forward process. You meet the managers and they all challenge you and ask you to simply talk about yourself. No good cop, bad cop routine.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. Why do you want to work for this company. What do you know about us.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MSDSonline (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

I emailed exactly per directions from the ad online, received an email response the following morning. We set up a day and time for a phone interview, which went well and I was scheduled to have an in-person interview at their office. Similar to other reviewers on here my interview consisted of five persons, first one, then two different teams of two persons.

Please note that their interview methods and questions are meant to be very challenging to push you into an uncomfortable situation to gauge your response/reaction. I had never been through an interview like this before and although I totally bombed it and got rattled, it was a very good experience as it exposed personal weaknesses that I was unaware of. So I have regrouped, addressed those weaknesses and will be ready for the next challenging interview.

Interview Questions

• If you had to choose between customers calling you or you calling the customer, which would you choose?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MSDSonline (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

walked in and immediately noticed that I was overdressed. most managers dress extremely casual and same with the director. was interviewed by 4 different people and it was similar to good cop bad cop. after a string of questions, which were the same from different people, i was able to sample the sales floor and meet a few reps. most were nice but some gave mean stares.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MSDSonline (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone interview with HR, was referred by a close friend. Went in for in person interview. Sat in a room for a few hours, had a panel interview of teams of 2 and probably spoke with 8+ people. They were all sales managers and one was the sales director.

Seemed to go well with the managers and they liked my experience and what I could bring to the team. The Director barely lifted his head up to look at me, just stared at my resume and asked slow unenthusiastic questions. Said that I've worked for too many companies (3) and that could pose as a red flag. I explained that I felt it was an asset to my level of experience and business acumen. Obviously he didn't agree or listen to his sales managers. I was turned down.

I was probably over qualified and I was unemployed at the time.

Interview Questions

• We typically hire people right out of college, what would hiring someone with more experience bring to the team?   1 Answer