MSLGROUP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 6, 2017

2.9

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MSLGROUP (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I was the victim of a fraudulent interview set up by scammers who have stolen the identities of MSL Group employees. I had an "interview" over Google Hangouts with a scammer posing as real employee Brian Burgess.

Interview Questions

• It seemed like a regular interview, except it was done over Google Hangouts.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MSLGROUP (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Smooth but rightfully intensive process. Though it was a long day followed up by another set of long discussions, I was pleasantly surprised by the kindness shown across the entire staff. This is a truly passionate group of people to work with, even if my path took me a different route. My advice to all is to keep on going through the process and all steps.

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MSLGROUP (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was extremely quick. I applied online and within three days, I got an email asking me if/when I could talk with a woman on the phone. By that afternoon, we'd talked and I was sent an email offer. We just went over my resume, talked about my previous internship experience, and what I wanted to learn while interning at MSLGroup.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to do at MSLGroup? More traditional PR or social media?   Answer Question

Summer Insider Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MSLGROUP (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I thought the interview would be the hardest of my life (taking around 8 hours). However, it was one of the easiest, most comfortable, and most fun I've ever had, which speaks to the Chicago office culture and their kindness.

Interview Questions

• What team I would prefer to work on; what makes me different from other candidates.   Answer Question

Summer Insiders Challenge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MSLGROUP (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online, answering their industry questions and creating a Pinterest board. I was then notified which offices had accepted me and had to choose one to attend for the actual Challenge Day. The Challenge Day lasted from 9am to 5pm. We heard from the different practices in the office, met some of their current and former interns, did two team PR challenges and ended the day with two 30 minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions; really wanted to know what my problem solving strategy was -- Tell me about a time you encountered a 'roadblock' and how did you handle it? Describe an advisor you really liked working with.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MSLGROUP (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by their HR manager. I thought the interview went well but within less than an hour I received a rejection email. I responded thanking them for consideration and inquiring if there was anything in particular they were looking for that I didn't mention, I did not receive a response.

Summer Insiders Challenge Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MSLGROUP (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Invited to a full-day "interview" that also contained presentations from different departments and went into depth about the daily work at the company. High emphasis placed on fit more than anything. This was helpful to at least me as I tried to decide between different places - the fact that I had met a decent amount of the actual workers as well as the people who would be my direct supervisor led me to choosing MSLGROUP.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MSLGROUP.

Interview

The interview process was pretty seamless. I had phone interviews with the HR VP and the HR Associate. They asked basic questions about my past experience. I then spoke with two Account Supervisors. They were both pleasant. My final interview was via Skype with the Managing Partner. That was a great and quick interview. Everyone was nice and helpful. I just wish they offered more incentives to those relocating, sort of shows you invest in your people.

Interview Questions

• What is my work style? How do I stay organized? What are my strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Relocation costs were really high and with no relocation or signing bonus, it was a bit too much to make happen.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at MSLGROUP (New York, NY).

Interview

Takes a couple months to go through because they have to send to Paris, a lot of back and forth and they made me do a writing project with not much time so it was a quick turnaround

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my experience, asked if I was good at writing and could manage an account   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MSLGROUP (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Met 3 people total. All were punctual, respectful and professional. Notes: Courteous, personable HR representative; vivacious, intelligent leadership. Situation: Focus of the interview was on the particular account which required staffing. My interests were better suited to the agency overall, not necessarily the account in need. I would welcome the opportunity to interview again.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this role? Describe an accomplishment.   Answer Question