MSLGROUP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MSLGROUP Interview Questions

Interviews at MSLGROUP

2.9

PR Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MSLGROUP.

Interview

Took 3+ months. Started with several phone calls, which there was no flexibility in scheduling. They then made me come to their office for one on one interviews on five different occasions, and were not flexible in those times either. Typically employers offer the ability to meet in the early morning or at the end of or after the business day when the candidate already has a full time job, but not here. Among the reasons -- some people had kids and couldn't get in until 10 and needed to leave by 5. It was highly inconvenient and inconsiderate. On one occasion I left my job in the middle of the day, went to their office for a scheduled meeting and the person I was to meet with never showed up. Waste of time. I eventually stopped pursuing it because it all seemed so dysfunctional.

Interview Questions

• how do you balance your personal life with a job that demands you to work around the clock?   Answer Question

Consumer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MSLGROUP in March 2018.

Interview

Two 15-30 minute phone interviews each with one individual person. Typical interview questions, but important to know their specific client work. Was not in the same state as the position so know that other interns who were closer to the office did theirs in person, but I was not available to.

Interview Questions

• Cognizant of their specific work?
      Go through your resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MSLGROUP (Atlanta, GA) in March 2018.

Interview

There were personal interviews, a writing assessment and group brainstorming. People were very friendly and welcoming. It was a great atmosphere. Creativity is highly encouraged! We also got a presentation on what the company does and the culture of its many offices.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and elaborate on your experiences   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MSLGROUP (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I was the victim of a fraudulent interview set up by scammers who have stolen the identities of MSL Group employees. I had an "interview" over Google Hangouts with a scammer posing as real employee Brian Burgess.

Interview Questions

• It seemed like a regular interview, except it was done over Google Hangouts.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MSLGROUP (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Smooth but rightfully intensive process. Though it was a long day followed up by another set of long discussions, I was pleasantly surprised by the kindness shown across the entire staff. This is a truly passionate group of people to work with, even if my path took me a different route. My advice to all is to keep on going through the process and all steps.

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MSLGROUP (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was extremely quick. I applied online and within three days, I got an email asking me if/when I could talk with a woman on the phone. By that afternoon, we'd talked and I was sent an email offer. We just went over my resume, talked about my previous internship experience, and what I wanted to learn while interning at MSLGroup.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to do at MSLGroup? More traditional PR or social media?   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MSLGROUP (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

Very speedy process. Not many interviews. The team quickly figures out whether or not you'll fit. They bring you before all the client leads you will support sometimes that's a lot and sometimes it's only a few.

Interview Questions

• What would your last employee say you struggled with   1 Answer

Summer Insider Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MSLGROUP (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I thought the interview would be the hardest of my life (taking around 8 hours). However, it was one of the easiest, most comfortable, and most fun I've ever had, which speaks to the Chicago office culture and their kindness.

Interview Questions

• What team I would prefer to work on; what makes me different from other candidates.   Answer Question

Summer Insiders Challenge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MSLGROUP (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online, answering their industry questions and creating a Pinterest board. I was then notified which offices had accepted me and had to choose one to attend for the actual Challenge Day. The Challenge Day lasted from 9am to 5pm. We heard from the different practices in the office, met some of their current and former interns, did two team PR challenges and ended the day with two 30 minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions; really wanted to know what my problem solving strategy was -- Tell me about a time you encountered a 'roadblock' and how did you handle it? Describe an advisor you really liked working with.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MSLGROUP (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by their HR manager. I thought the interview went well but within less than an hour I received a rejection email. I responded thanking them for consideration and inquiring if there was anything in particular they were looking for that I didn't mention, I did not receive a response.