MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.5

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

Interview

I applied for the position online and one week later I got called in for an interview. My interview was scheduled for about 3 weeks later, and I met before 3 managers. 7 days after my interview, I got a call back from the HR department offering me the job. The overall process moved faster than I expected.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about procurement? Tell us about a time you were unsuccessful at something and what you learned from that experience?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy Interview, interviewed by 3 people. They are looking for your personality and what you can bring to the company, nothing technical.
    After that it took about a week to hear back, and the rest of the process is slow but it gets done. Just stay on top of your HR person.

Interview Questions

• - 3 traits people you work with would say about you
      - Whats your best skill
      - Why do you think you are the best candidate
      - What do you think Risk Management means
      - What do you think Corporate compliance means
      - Tell about your background
      - Behavioral questions
      Answer Question

Applications Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Recived a call to schedule an on-site interview(MTA HQ New York). Panel style interview consisting of One HR rep and a Department rep. Very plesent experience the office was having many interviews at the same time but interviewers showed that the candidates were their priority.

I was very fortunate to have been able to do this first interview along with the second round the same day. Round 2 in my opinion is just a cultural fit interview with Head of the Department.

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority in December 2016.

Interview

HR is not professional at all. As others have stated you have to wonder around to get into the office where you are going to interview there is no organization. As far as the interview went It was easy basic technical questions and a lot of HR questions I felt I did pretty well. When I was asked If I had any questions as far as the position goes and I had a turn at asking some questions this drew red flags for me about the job. Proper development practices are non-existent. Definitely not a place were you can grow as a developer. Withdrew my applications after I left the interview for this job.

Junior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

A 2 member team(Non-technical ) asked about Technical Questions going through a scripted paper?
    The Interview time frame is almost 30 Minutes.
    After the interview they asked about references from the companies that I previously worked for.

Computer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Process took 2 months. Got a call a and booked the interview for a Saturday. It took about 45 mins. It was a very calming experience. Interviewers made sure that you work comfortable and were very reassuring at easy going.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you received too much work and have a project going on simultaneously.   Answer Question

Staff Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process took 5 months from the submission of my application from June-October. Very nice office. Met with a panel, all were very nice but very thorough with their questions. Interview lasted 45 minutes. Had to submit 2-3 business writing samples. Last thing they ask you to do is to pitch yourself in/ sell yourself as to why you think you deserve this position and why would you be a good asset for MTA.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses, how to handle difficult people, what did you like/didn't like from your prior job, do you know microsoft access, excel, powerpoint, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc.   Answer Question

Computer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job at the end of October. Got an email requesting a phone screening in mid May. The phone screen was easy, it was half an hour long and was asked basic technical questions. Then two weeks later got an email requesting an in-person interview, which was scheduled for early June. The interview was all behavioral questions, they went right into the list of questions they had in front of them. There was no small talk or introductions. That was about four weeks ago and I have not heard from them since, so I assume I am out of the running.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process : phone invitation, then an in-person interview (they mixed up dates). Takes 3 months to get call from HR. The interview was okay, basic questions. Friendly atmosphere. Whole process last for ever - I've accepted another job.

Interview Questions

• Some technical -very simple.
      General about Project Management stages.
      Answer Question

General Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Took months to get interview from time resume was submitted to phone call. Panel interview with 3 different people plus one from HR. Process took about a half hour; strictly stuck to prepared questions, nothing about past experience.

Interview Questions

• Why are you best for the position over other candidates?   Answer Question