MTD Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MTD Products

2.7

Product Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brunswick, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at MTD Products (Brunswick, OH) in January 2009.

Interview

To become a product tester you must A) start out as a temporary employee at one of the main temp agencies in the area (Reserves Network in Brunswick) or B) be related to someone important at MTD. MTD is a very family oriented company and knowing people definitely makes a huge difference. If you have a relative, especially a close one on your resume or application it puts you ahead if you have the basic qualifications. After working as a temporary/seasonal employee during the summer for approximately 2 years you will probably be hired in if you are reliable and hard working and a spot opens up. It can be earlier if someone quits, usually during the winter months when people decide they don't want to put up with the cold. Put in your application at the MTD website (a resume isn't really necessary, just fill out the fields on the site), and when a position opens up the testing department manager will call you into his cubicle to ask you questions like "What will you do if you see someone doing something they shouldn't be doing?". The correct response is to bring it up the chain of command (the answer I gave which he liked). You really only have one interview with the testing manager and then you are interviewed by the HR person, who asks some basic questions.

Interview Questions

• "How do you feel about working in extreme weather conditions all year round?" +
      "Are you willing to work extra hours, including 12 hour days to meet a production rush?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

They don't negotiate for product tester unless you are a shift supervisor or are interviewing for product tester and shift supervisor. Its going to be the same starting wage unless you are being hired from another part of the company (internal hire), have left on good terms and came back again or some special circumstance. You will know how much you will be paid before they make their hiring decision.

Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Willard, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MTD Products (Willard, OH) in April 2018.

Interview

It was a very friendly environment. I got to speak with many departments and administrations there. Very informative and welcoming. I would certainly recommend anyone to go and apply there.

Material Handler Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at MTD Products.

Interview

Interviewed by coworkers, most know who they want, a lot of times they post for college grads but hire with no degree

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valley City, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MTD Products (Valley City, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

Asked basic questions that would normally be asked in an interview. Also toured the plant and got to see the ins and outs of the company. Overall good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the coolest thing you've ever built   1 Answer

Demand Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley City, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MTD Products (Valley City, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online to company posting. I heard back from HR a few days later to set up a short phone screening. In person Interview May 2015, Onsite interview with HR and Demand Planning director. Asked to do a personality screening online.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview, back ground, what did you do? What do you know.? What software have you used?
      Pros- Easy interview, very friendly.
      Cons- No response, never got any feedback about the position.Posting was simply removed.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valley City, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MTD Products (Valley City, OH) in February 2011.

Interview

Conducted two phone interviews before having a face to face. First with HR as a screening interview, second with chief engineer and the hiring manager. Typical interview questions. Some technical questions. Overall a positive experience.

Systems Administrator II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valley City, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MTD Products (Valley City, OH) in February 2012.

Interview

It's long. Learn the company history. Watch your resume. You will be asked detailed questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about he company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiation

Controls/Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MTD Products (Tempe, AZ) in November 2009.

Interview

I applied for the position about a month before I recieved a phone interview from the HR Manager. The pohne interview lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of a couple behavioral questions, skills questions, salary and personality questions to see if I was a potential fit for the position. A couple of days later I recieved an invite for an on-site interview which I accepted. The onsite interview consisted of two 1:1 Interviews; one with the HR Manager which was basically a reiterration of the phone interview and then an interview with the Hiring Manager. The on-site interview lasted about two hours. When the interview concluded I asked when they would be making their decision and made my way out. About three weeks later I was informed that I did not make it to the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel has been your biggest professional failure?   Answer Question
    • What have you done to resolve confrontational issues that have arisen in your work place?   Answer Question

Interview

HR Phone interview followed by Team business owner interview. I had to do a business analyst test with a real problem. The last interview are with the technical team. They asked for my technical skills.

Telecom Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley City, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MTD Products (Valley City, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Painful. I sat in a room with 5 junior IT guys while they probed me about expert level knowledge I had. The interview was more about these five guys not being found out by someone smarter. The company has implemented a new call center platform, and it hasn't worked in the year it has been installed. The people who made that decision did so against the advice of someone who knew better. The someone who knew better is gone, and there are now IT people sitting around trying to figure out how they keep their jobs, but they can't hire a person who will tell the truth about what they have done.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a call center platform that hasn't worked since it was installed a year ago?   2 Answers