MTD Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MTD Products

2.7

Summer IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MTD Products (Cleveland, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard two-step interview process. First interview was with an HR rep, who asked me about relatable experience. Second interview was a conference call with various IT department managers who asked me the same questions. Received a call the day after the second interview informing me that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in work or school where you faced a problem and how you went about solving it.   Answer Question

Contract Management Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley City, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MTD Products (Valley City, OH) in August 2019.

Interview

Received a email from HR for a phone Interview in about 4 days after applying. Had in person interview in 1 week. The in person Interview was a panel interview , met with HR Director alone then met with 3 others . They took turns asking questions , it lasted about 45 minutes. Everyone I met was very nice, The campus is beautiful, and they the employees I seen , seemed very happy to be there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself ?   1 Answer
    • What is one of your weaknesses ?   1 Answer
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Project Engineer Interview

Interview

There are typically 2 interviews (behavioral) and a personality test.

Negotiation

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MTD Products in January 2009.

Interview

First did a phone interview then a panel interview. Went very well everyone was very pleasant and professional.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral. Give me an example of a project that you led?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MTD Products in August 2010.

Interview

Good questions. Phone interview then a 1:1. The headquarter campus was great with testing areas on site for the manufactured equipment. They even had a machine shop and could make the prototypes out of wood and resin.
    There are many family members that work for the company- regardless of qualifications and skills. This is a religious company that prays before meetings.

Interview Questions

• Name your greatest engineering accomplishment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There are pay grades. But they are different for family members

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MTD Products in January 2010.

Interview

First interview was over the phone, 1:1 with the IT manager. Interview focused to past experience and behavioral questions.

Second interview: HR, again Behavioral

On site interview: With a team of about 6 Business Analysts and one Project Manager. Questions varied from past experience to behavioral.

Examples:
    a. What is difference between PM and BA roles?
    b. Tell me a time when you had to resolve a conflict?
    c. Questions specific to Agile development.

Interview Questions

• What conflicts did you resolve during business gathering process?   Answer Question