MTN Group (South Africa) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

MTN Group (South Africa) Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2017

Marketing Director Interview

Interview

Great planning process. Good interaction

family constraints for relocation

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at MTN Group (South Africa) (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in July 2017.

Interview

I had to go for an initial interview where I was asked predefined questions

The second Interview was a technical presentation which was very complicated .

The first panel consisted of a panel of 3 and the second one as well .

Interview Questions

• In the next 5 years do you see yourself more as specialist or a manager within the company?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MTN Group (South Africa) (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in March 2016.

Interview

There was a lack of common knowledge regarding the process. Information was not provided regarding feedback and some information was misleading. The managers that held the interview weren't informative enough on the role of the job.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current employer?   1 Answer

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MTN Group (South Africa).

Interview

Comprehensive panel interview with one person from the relevant department, one from human resources and one from the other department to maintain transparency. Also you should be able to answer technical questions

Transmission Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Accra (Ghana)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at MTN Group (South Africa) (Accra (Ghana)).

Interview

We were made to write exams, then a first interview followed with the department Manager after which successful applicants were sent to the Human Resource Department for salary Negotiations. Then we were again called to sign a job offer contracts and copies were given to us. We were made to start work on that very day we signed the contract.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would do an overhaul of a faulty generator engine?   Answer Question

Systems Planning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MTN Group (South Africa) (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in September 2013.

Interview

The process was communicated well and the interactions friendly. The written technical screen test difficult and required that I refresh my theoretical technical knowledge. The Interviews were ok and not very technical for this technical role.

Senior Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Douala (Cameroon)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MTN Group (South Africa) (Douala (Cameroon)) in July 2013.

Interview

Hiring was within the group for repatriation back to RSA after completion of 4 years service as Head of Supply Chain in MTN Uganda and Cameroon. The interview was conducted via teleconference from South Africa.

Interview Questions

• What do you understand about SCM Taxonomy   1 Answer

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Accra (Ghana)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at MTN Group (South Africa) (Accra (Ghana)) in January 2013.

Interview

You will have to take an aptitude test first, then talk to department manager you are trying to go. If you are successful , HR will call you. You will be called and offered a job if you are successful.

Interview Questions

• Asked about voltage questions   1 Answer

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roodepoort, Gauteng (South Africa)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MTN Group (South Africa) (Roodepoort, Gauteng (South Africa)).

Interview

I was approached by a head hunter - Colette Staniland - 6 years ago. I had the initial interiew with her, then with the division head , who then allocated me to a team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was quite tricky as they are set in their salary bands. Not all account managers earn the same, so if you believe you are great at what you do and your previous experience spaks for itself - dont accept anything less than what you are making, if you are told about the great commission, explain that a commission will always be a smaller percentage of the real value of what you have brought to the organization, so that diswcussion shouldnt be confused with the basic salary you are going to be earning whilest finding your feet in the first 3-6 months.

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MTN Group (South Africa) in December 2011.

Interview

just be focused,feel free.and pray for God to take charge.

Interview Questions

• from what you have been trained you can tackle the suituation but if diffcult call the attention of your superior   1 Answer
    • we have individual differences so treat the person as its behaviour.how can you deal with a sturbborn customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

speed and ability to cordinate and think fast