MXenergy Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at MXenergy

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MXenergy (Houston, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

The first interview was scheduled with a VP that reported directly to the CEO. The interview went well, although the VP did most of the talking. Her focus was on the role and her needs. She said she would get back to me in "a couple weeks." After 10 weeks and several phone calls, a 2nd interview was scheduled with the lead HR manager. A couple weeks later, the VP called me to meet with her again at her office.

The VP said that she was impressed and needed someone with my skills. She hesitantly allowed me to speak with other people in the company. I met with one of her direct reports for coffee a couple days later. That day, I was asked to meet with an HR associate where I received a verbal job offer for the position reporting directly to the VP. 18 hours later, it was rescinded by phone. I never received the offer in writing, nor was I given an explanation for why an offer would be made and revoked. The VP that had said she was impressed neither initiated contact nor responded to my calls or e-mail. I was later informed that she decided not to hire someone for the role.

I would advise anyone interested in a managerial position at this company to carefully research the work culture, the managerial styles of their managers, and have an understanding of who is making decisions vs. those who act like they are making decisions. If someone is hesitant about you talking with other people in the company to learn more about the role and/or culture, that should be a warning sign. Avoid working for anyone that potential colleagues refer to as "random" or "needs organization."

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths?   Answer Question
  • (There were no special or unique questions. All questions asked were of a textbook variety.)   Answer Question