MaPS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MaPS Interview Questions

2.8

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MaPS (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. I had an initial 30 min conversation and was invited back for the final round interview. No trick questions. They were mostly interested in my previous work experience, specifically relevant internship and class experience. Very few behavior questions. Case study was 30 min and involved reading a prompt, analyzing excel data, and creating a short powerpoint presentation.

Interview Questions

• On a scale from big picture to detail oriented where do you see yourself?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MaPS (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

The first round was phone interview by a senior consultant(not HR), the second(final) round was in-person interview. The in-person interview was made up by 4 parts. The first and second parts were each hold by a partners, the third part was case study, and the forth part was speaking with a low-level consultant.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MaPS (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Th interview was straight forward. They directly assessed me on my academic project and achievements. They also emphasized on my SAS and other data analytics tools like
    SPSS to check my hard skills

Interview Questions

• What is involved in typical data analysis?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MaPS (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

1. Email from HR Scheduling phone interview
    2. Phone interview with a partner
    3. On-campus interview with 4-5 partners; mostly behavioral questions and 2 case studies
    4. Shadowing a consultant
    4. Offer and acceptance

What I liked: Everyone was generally nice and honest
    What I disliked: no exposure to talk with junior level folks (the people you would actually be working with on a regular basis); also, I came in at 10 a.m. and interviewed until 3 p.m. with no lunch.

Interview Questions

• 1 Case study using Microsoft Excel/Powerpoint
      1 Case study analyzing a graph   Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at MaPS.

Interview

First round was a phone interview; second round was a three hour segment broken up into the following - 1 in-person interview, 2 video conferences, 1 case study, opportunity to shadow an employee.

Interview Questions

• I was surprised that they didn't ask many behavioral questions. Rather, they are adamant about asking why market research and why MaPS. They are also curious about past research you have conducted, so make sure you have examples in your back pocket.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MaPS (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a friend from college who worked in the New York office. I applied for Chicago office position. The whole process lasted about 2-3 weeks, including an initial phone interview and an in-person interview. The initial interview was pretty standard. They take a lot of interest in the research experience you have and ask questions about research methods. In-person interview consisted of short interviews with 3-4 people, a case study of sorts, and ends with the opportunity to briefly shadow someone in your position currently. Ended up getting a job offer but took a different one that paid for my move to Chicago. Seemed like very long hours. Takes a while for upward mobility in the company.

Interview Questions

• All very standard questions. No odd curveballs. Prepare to talk extensively about any prior research.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MaPS (Waltham, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through college job site. First step was 30 minute phone interview. Next, final round interview took place at the location in Waltham. I interviewed with three different people separately, then did a quick case study that was fairly straightforward. Nothing too tricky. Finally, I "shadowed" a current Research Analyst for a short time and could ask them questions. Overall, everyone was very nice and the process was not too stressful.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MaPS.

Interview

Campus recruitment, very straightforward questions. The interview only took about 20 minutes, and it was very conversational - about how you chose your college, etc. They definitely want to make sure you have some background in statistics or data analysis - just a class project is acceptable

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MaPS.

Interview

I applied online through my campus recruiting. The first round involved a in-person, on-campus 30 minute interview that was just going over my resume and answering questions about a time that I had failed, how I worked in groups, strengths and weaknesses. The second round interview was a 3.5 hour interview that was 3 half-hour interviews with upper-level managers, an hour case study, and then a short shadowing.

Interview Questions

• Was there a paper or project that you had to do that involved data analysis?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MaPS (Waltham, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Briefly talk to 5 or so employees for around 30 minutes at various levels in the company (up to managing partner), then perform a 30 minute case study, and lastly a quick shadow with someone at the position you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• After looking at a databook, describe what data cuts you would like to see, any key takeaways, or anything else you notice.   1 Answer