MaPS Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MaPS Research Analyst Interview Questions

2.7

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MaPS (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a friend from college who worked in the New York office. I applied for Chicago office position. The whole process lasted about 2-3 weeks, including an initial phone interview and an in-person interview. The initial interview was pretty standard. They take a lot of interest in the research experience you have and ask questions about research methods. In-person interview consisted of short interviews with 3-4 people, a case study of sorts, and ends with the opportunity to briefly shadow someone in your position currently. Ended up getting a job offer but took a different one that paid for my move to Chicago. Seemed like very long hours. Takes a while for upward mobility in the company.

Interview Questions

• All very standard questions. No odd curveballs. Prepare to talk extensively about any prior research.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MaPS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MaPS (Waltham, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through college job site. First step was 30 minute phone interview. Next, final round interview took place at the location in Waltham. I interviewed with three different people separately, then did a quick case study that was fairly straightforward. Nothing too tricky. Finally, I "shadowed" a current Research Analyst for a short time and could ask them questions. Overall, everyone was very nice and the process was not too stressful.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MaPS.

Interview

Campus recruitment, very straightforward questions. The interview only took about 20 minutes, and it was very conversational - about how you chose your college, etc. They definitely want to make sure you have some background in statistics or data analysis - just a class project is acceptable

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MaPS.

Interview

I applied online through my campus recruiting. The first round involved a in-person, on-campus 30 minute interview that was just going over my resume and answering questions about a time that I had failed, how I worked in groups, strengths and weaknesses. The second round interview was a 3.5 hour interview that was 3 half-hour interviews with upper-level managers, an hour case study, and then a short shadowing.

Interview Questions

• Was there a paper or project that you had to do that involved data analysis?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MaPS (Waltham, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Briefly talk to 5 or so employees for around 30 minutes at various levels in the company (up to managing partner), then perform a 30 minute case study, and lastly a quick shadow with someone at the position you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• After looking at a databook, describe what data cuts you would like to see, any key takeaways, or anything else you notice.   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MaPS.

Interview

It was a two round process. I did a phone interview, in which they screened me to make sure I met their requirements. Next, I went in and did multiple interviews on a one-on-one basis as well as a case study.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a marketing campaign that has impressed you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MaPS (Waltham, MA).

Interview

I gave my resume to MaPS at a career fair, and they emailed me a few days later to set up a phone screening. After that, I was emailed again two days later to set up an in-office interview. In the interview, I met with multiple employees at various levels of the firm, and did a case-study type portion.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MaPS.

Interview

Applied online. Received an e-mail to set up an initial interview a few weeks later. First interview was basic questions with a research analyst in the Boston office. Followed up with a second round of interviews in their Chicago office, which consisted of 1 in person interview and 2 phone interviews, followed by a case study analysis and shadowing a research analyst for 30 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MaPS (Waltham, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

Spoke with an Associate at the career fair.
    One phone interview with an Associate. Called for on-site interviews in 3 days.
    On-site: Talked with 3 people (Associate, Principal, VP). One case study. 15 minutes to shadow an Analyst/Consultant.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MaPS in September 2012.

Interview

The process itself is:
    1) Phone screen
    2) Phone interview
    3) In person office visit
    4) offer

Passing each phase is based on the experience of each person you speak with, and even after you have finished your formal interview process the opinions of people who you have only momentarily or informally spoken with will be weighed.

Each interview itself is easy though, they ask you basic questions. Behavioral questions like: what is your process for finishing tasks, how do you approach a problem, how have you handled problems in the past, etc. While they do care that you have substantive answers, they care more about whether you can speak and hold an intelligent and professional conversation.

Interview Questions

• During your office visit you will sit down with a number of people and, inevitably, you will be given a test of your analytic skills. They give you an excel of data to analyze, they give you a computer with PowerPoint and excel and word: whatever you could possibly need to complete the question. there are specific thing's they are looking for in this test and if you have the ability to understand the data you will be able to point them out. This test represents the bulk of their judgement, but keep in mind: if you don't do well on the interview's you will likely not get the job even if you ace the test.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation, the pay is fixed at all levels