Macdonald Hotels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 29, 2017

1.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Macdonald Hotels

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macdonald Hotels (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

3 senior managers interviewing you and they had no clue about anything. I actually wanted to ask them if they are joking but realised they were serious. No real questions ask and seemed desperate to get anybody in the door. Managing Director was intimidating as he asked more questions about my previous employer than about the actual job.

Food and Beverage Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Macdonald Hotels in June 2016.

Interview

Unnecessarily lengthy. Slow to give interview feedback. Interview was not particularly probing and the experience and background of the person they said they were looking for changed, which was very disappointing for me.

Interview Questions

• What I would do about all the current issues they have.   Answer Question

SPA Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stirling, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macdonald Hotels (Stirling, Scotland (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Easy apply online hear nothing back, phone them and then interview high staff turnover so your in for a good chance of it basically if you have the qualification then they will hire you. They would be interested in someone who can give up their weekends for the rest of their lives for 7.20 an hour. anyone interested would just have to agree with the interviewer but it wasnt hard i warn you the hotels all seem like nice places until you start working for them.

Interview Questions

• the usual questions where do you see yourself, can you retail products, why do you want the job etc   Answer Question

Breakfast Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macdonald Hotels in January 2016.

Interview

Extremly rude management . Was in a hurry to get me out the building after trial shift and said "have a good life". Made me waste money on uniform. Pretty much expected me to know everything without much explanation. Didn't really feel welcome from not so friendly staff. Really happy I didn't get it

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macdonald Hotels (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

Over the phone, they didn't seem too interested just asked when I could start and if I could work any shifts. I went for interview, and I was shown around the hotel and asked when I could start.