Mace Limited Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 11, 2017

2.8

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mace Limited (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied through a staffing agency. I got a call for an interview the next day. I was offered the job during my interview. It was an easy interview. They were short staff so they hired me on quick.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You aren't allow to negotiate on salary. There are no raises.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mace Limited (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview consisted in 3 stages: online, face to face interview and assessment centre. During the assessment centre I had to work in group. Totally it took half of day.

Interview Questions

• Why I want to work for Mace?   1 Answer

Insight Week Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mace Limited (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone competency based interview, asked about previous experience, motivation for applying, knowledge of the construction industry, about my degree, why I want to go to insight week. Lasted around twenty minutes. Very friendly interviewer, no trick questions. Basic competencies such as team work, problem solving, traits suited to the role. No difficult questions such as weaknesses.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Mace Limited.

Interview

On the online application, they ask why Mace, why construction. Long winded online application, but no psychometric tests. One interview at Head office in London, one assessment day if you pass the interview.

Interview Questions

• They are looking for evidence of preparation, organisation, and teamwork.   1 Answer

Summer Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mace Limited (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Took about 1 month, applying directly through Mace Careers. Invited to interview at the Moorgate office in London. Interview lasted for around 40-45 minutes and involved a variety of questions that target different competencies. Looked firstly at asking questions about my university course and asked a few specific questions around my CV.

Graduate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mace Limited (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I was invited for an initial interview in London. It was a face-to-face interview in Mace's headquarters in London. Two people were interviewing me. They were all very friendly and positive.

Interview Questions

• Know your CV. They will ask you a lot of questions about it. Prepare for the standard interview questions such as Why Mace, previous experience, examples of leadership etc.   Answer Question

Industrial Placement- Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mace Limited (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

An online application which focuses on your personal details, knowledge of the company and your aspirations. Moreover, there are a few competency questions which in my opinion are the most important. Make sure you spend enough time editing it and proofreading it. This is then followed by an interview and an assessment centre.

Undergraduate Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mace Limited (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

After completing the first part of the application - competency questions - I was invited for an interview at the headoffice in London. I had prepared for additional questions to the written questions, but once I got there, I felt like they were just repeating the previous competency questions. I tried to give different answers to what I had already written, but I realised the interviewers were totally unaware of my previous answers to those. It was a mess; I'm not a broken record. They also said I had a wide range of experience on my CV, I must admit as an undergraduate civil engineer it is tough to get a lot of exposure in the engineering world (I was a second yr student).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer
    • Who do you expect to communicate with as a construction manager?   Answer Question

Bio-pharmaceutical Placement Interview

Application

Interview

I had to complete an application form, and do Numerical and Verbal Reasoning Tests. Then I went to the final Interview.

I thought the interview went very well, they were nice people- however, I had the feeling that they were interviewing me because to fill a quota, and that they were not really interested in me as a potential worker. I believe one has to look a certain way to work here.

Interview Questions

• Why Mace? Explain a time that you lead a team. Give an example of a time where you had to motivate someone   Answer Question

Assistant Cost Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mace Limited (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

initial interview in person with senior staff, followed by an invitation to a half day assessment centre, which involved 2 individual and 2 group tasks. They mainly look to see how you work in teams, as this is vital day to day in this industry, however they do also look for individual attributes that may be desirable for the role. Its important to understand the mace values and reflect these when being interviewed/examined.