Mack Trucks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mack Trucks Interview Questions

Updated Jan 4, 2017

2.4

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mack Trucks.

Interview

Phone interview for about an hour. Interviewed with three people, asking pretty basic questions. Mostly about what was on my resume. Also talked about myself in general and the different aspects of the job and how I would react/fit to them.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mack Trucks.

Interview

Phone interview, very friendly and asked brief, basic questiions. No in-person visit of the plant or interview. Very easy, not personal process stuck to standard behavioral questions. Interviewed by the manager and HR.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you faced a conflict at work and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mack Trucks in April 2016.

Interview

They scheduled a phone interview. After my interview, I followed up after a week, then 3 weeks and then 2 months. They never responded. I followed up only because I felt my interview went well and I did good. A simple " We do not want to proceed with your application" would take two minutes which could have saved my 10 minutes. Job search is a difficult phase, it's time human resources department puts back the human in it. This experience made me not apply for any of the position and write a review here

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macungie, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mack Trucks (Macungie, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

HR called me asking to let her know my available time and scheduled the phone interview accordingly. The Manager called me right on time and it went for about 30 min. Basically, it went smooth. Discussed my work experience and role requirements.

Interview Questions

• Lean Manufacturing, Six sigma, VBA Coding   1 Answer

Production Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macungie, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mack Trucks (Macungie, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Quick 15 minute interview with very basic questions generally concerning your attitudes as an employee (i.e. Do you show up on time? Have you ever had any accidents at work? etc.)

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mack Trucks (Boston, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Questions from your resume. Explanation of the job role you are applying for. Why do you want this role? When are you graduating? Please tell me your GPA? How good are you in design?

Process/Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mack Trucks.

Interview

The worst interview I was ever on. HR Rep made me feel like my current job was pathetic/useless compared to what I was applying to. The interviewers then proceeded to complain about their jobs with eachother right in front of me! This went on for at least 30 minutes! I wanted to get up and walk out! I never sent a thank you email- frankly, they wasted my time.

Intern Interview

Interview

Was emailed after classes had already ended for an interview. Drove to the plant and interviewed with an HR lady and the manager I would be working under. Basically only asked about things on resume.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had a conflict in a group project and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mack Trucks.

Interview

Got a phone call from Mack Truck and scheduled an interview at Mack Truck. Went to Mack Truck in a afternoon. There are 5 employee interviewed me at the same time, the whole interview process is very good, but i was a little bit nervous at that time. I was introduced to the factory area by the HR.

Interview Questions

• All the questions are very standard behavior questions, the difficult part is you will be asked by 5 people at the same time.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mack Trucks (Allentown, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with two Mack personnel, a Project Manager Engineer and a Department Supervisor. The process lasted about 30-45 minutes. The questions in general were relate to my experience as a draftsman, and what CAD tools I was familiar with. The questions then became more specific to the auto industry field, to see if I had a common knowledge of general automotive basics.

Interview Questions

• What quality would I bring to Mack Trucks, and what is my best strength value I bring as an employee?   1 Answer

Negotiation

A fair salary was offered in accordance with my level of job experience. No offer was made to assist with my residential relocation, that was understood to be covered on my dime.