Mackevision Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mackevision

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mackevision (Troy, MI) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied to this position because it was more related to Python and I had worked past 3 years in Python only. This was one of the worst experience I had during my job search.

Got an email from Recruiter for an on-site interview (Not a single call to understand my interest or explain position requirements). The office was 20 miles from my home so I thought that might be the reason to call me directly on-site. I was told that I will be meeting 3 people (1 R&D, 1 Head of R&D and 1 Senior HR) so I took a day off from my work.

I reached 10 minutes before the interview. The receptionist greeted and asked me to wait for the interviewers. One guy came out from the office next to the receptionist and called me with a different name(He was an R&D guy who will be taking my interview). I corrected him and told him my name. At the same time, other guy came and greeted me(He was the recruiter who emailed me for the interview). After 1-2 minutes of talk, they both took me to the meeting room for the interview. The first question from the R&D guy was, so you have DevOps experience right? (I thought there is no requirement of DevOps in this job why he is asking this.). I said yes, I know few DevOps tools but doesn't use it at work right now. The very next question was, so you are from our competitor. (Again I thought my company is not at all connected with the work mackevision do). I said I don't think my company is your competitor. He made a weird face and asked don't you are from Dassault Systems? I said no, and told my company's name. (I was feeling totally weird at this time, thinking they didn't do their homework- reading my resume. On what basis they are going to interview me?). He said, ohh I might have seen someone else's resume and he asked my name again and tried to find my resume from his phone (I think he didn't find it from his phone). At the same time, that recruiter asked so do you have your resume with you? (I never took my resume with me for any onsite interviews. It already has it with them. I would take this as a lesson learned.). This was the first 5-10 minutes of the interview. Now without a resume, that R&D guy started explaining the company and asked some fundamental questions like Disadvantage of OOP, Functional Programming vs OOP etc. None of the questions were related to my actual skill or the position they are hiring. Apart from one I answered all correctly. This took around 15 minutes. Then R&D guy asked If I have any questions for him. I asked a few. He answered and left the meeting room. Now that Recruiter asked me the expected salary and all those HR questions for the next 10 minutes and said ok we are done with the interview. If I am selected for the next round, I will be meeting Head of R&D and Senior HR next week. I was like, then why did you told me there are three people taking my interview and how in the world you can evaluate someone from 30 minutes of talk for a technical position?? Not even try to know how good he is in programming?? If you wanted to spend 30 minutes for an interview then why you asked me to come on-site? You should've asked the same questions over the phone/skype/hangout.

After a week, got an email from the recruiter they are not moving forward with my candidacy. So based on what they rejected I still don't know? I feel they should improve their hiring process.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mackevision in February 2016.

Interview

It was done through referral. 1. Phone Skype with HR. 2. Phone Skype with direct manager. and acceptance. It took me a month to get acceptance and the process was really average.

Interview Questions

• What is your best strategy to manipulate multiple projects?
      What would you do in case you have conflicts with client.s   Answer Question

Assembly Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mackevision (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

2 person sit down interview in the morning. One HR and one senior artist. Brief chat about the history and main business. What my role would be, the training process and daily work.

Interview Questions

• What did you not like about your previous job?   1 Answer

3D Digital Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester Hills, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mackevision (Rochester Hills, MI) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview is rather informal. The HR person interviews you initially and then you interview with the department head. You get a tour of the building and are contacted within about a week. For me personally, they were in the middle of acquiring a large client at the time, so I had to really stay after them with follow-ups. Automotive product experience and knowledge is a huge plus. They are very clear that it is not a film studio, but almost 100% automotive work.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I liked very engineering-based/math-minded/organization work, and if I would be willing and able to perform those types of tasks on a daily basis. They specified that the position was not a creative one, but repetitive and very detail-oriented.   1 Answer

3D Artist Interview

Interview

Nach einer etwas längeren ersten Bewerbungsphase, wurde ich zu einem Telefonat eingeladen. Das Gespräch war sehr angenehm und half als Einblick in das Unternehmen. Leider gab es danach keine Rückmeldung mehr, sodass erst nach wiederholtem Nachfragen eine Absage kam.