Macquarie Group Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.6

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY).

Interview

On campus recruiting like all other banks, then first round interviews on campus with a girl from HR or a relatively junior person, then took some ridiculously long assessment test, then final round superday at the company office (3-4 interviews, 30 min each). They did draw out the process a lot longer than I would have liked, but they gave me two weeks to decide and let me pick my start date the following summer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work specifically at Macquarie? (didn't know much about the firm when I applied)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Standard analyst contract

Other Interview Reviews for Macquarie Group

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Did campus recruiting. Two rounds. Fairly low-pressure. Asked a couple of brain-teasers and some fit questions. Didn't ask many technicals. First interview was with two analysts, then the super day had an interview with a VP and an MD, then another one with a VP.

Interview Questions

• What group I wanted to be in.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

Two phone interviews, Psychometric Test, Several face to face interviews

Interview Questions

• How would you hedge credit risk?   1 Answer

Negotiation

some

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in August 2007.

Interview

2 phone call + 2 on-site +1 simple computer test, quite easy compared with other banks, just some behavioral and motivation questions

Quality of staffs and company culture are mediocre, but try to convince them that Macquarie will be your dedicated choice if hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This is a graduate job with a standard package, so they give me the offer one week after interview without much negotiation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

assessment online test test test test test, in office online test, reasonaning shapes, puzzles & word combined, then manager interview, final director's interview, background check, wait for offer for few days and wait wait wait

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online with a cv and cover letter and academic transcripts. After a week I received a call from the HR business partner for a short 10 min interview. She than said that she would have put the application forward. The next steps would have involved another phone interview, tests and final interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in June 2016.

Interview

The entire process took 4 weeks, - phone interview , assessment exam and panel interview, and final interview with the hiring managers. The phone interview was easy, most of the questions are based on information written on your resume and some are behavioral questions.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

Easy, very relaxing, did not get asked many behavioural questions. however, the process itself took too long in my opinion, around 2 months till i got the offer.But people there are very friendly and helpful.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

1 standard telephone interview, followed by testing at the bank. The 2nd round interview was more technical, difficult but fair. The 3rd and final interview was tough, but again, very fair considering the job.

Interview Questions

• Standard option pricing and hedging questions, followed by a discussion regarding the greeks.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

The first round interview consisted of a phone call with an HR rep. second round was a pysch test consisting on numerical, verbal and inductive reasoning. These sections were all timed, the last section was based on personality - no time limit here.