Macquarie Group Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macquarie Group Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Macquarie Group

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

was a good round of technocal interviews. Work seemed challenging

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macquarie Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I was called for an initial screening by an off-site hiring consultant. We spoke briefly about the position and to see if I was a good fit for the role and the company. After about five days or so, I was contacted by the hiring manager to meet in Manhattan for an interview with two members of the team.

I met with both gentlemen and we spoke briefly about the role and my desires that were geared toward this specific role. As an entry-level position with no real experience necessary, they did not delve into nor desire to hear much regarding my schooling nor my experience as a post-grad.

Given the position, I would have more than likely taken it, but I felt like I was not welcome very much from the beginning. My answers to their questions never really seemed quite up to snuff and I felt quite debased each time I answered. I've had a variety of different experiences on interviews, but I'd have to say, this wasn't the best one by any stretch.

Interview Questions

• Some experts and individuals within the industry say that the S&P 500 is overvalued, what are your thoughts on this? And why?   Answer Question
    • What is the square root of 10,000,000?   2 Answers
    • How many windows are in New York City?   1 Answer
    • Tell me something interesting about yourself. Tell me something interesting in general.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

Interview process is very long and includes personality/logic/math test. Very unorganized. At least once the offer came in everything was pretty clear. This is to get my answer to the 30 word minimum.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (San Francisco, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

Began with recruiter phone interview, moved on to interview directly with SVP. Was sent case study for a potential investment and asked to put a valuation on the asset based on publicly available materials ie 10-k, press releases, franchise agreement, etc. Scoring on this assessment was HIGHLY quantitative and original insights from the data were expected.

Interview Questions

• Explain a previous investment you made in your prior role and why it was particularly attractive to you   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group in July 2009.

Interview

Process is just too slow and long. 4 rounds of 1:1 interviews. Thought it was a great experience at start until it became such a tedious process. Had total of 4 interviews, 2 with the same person and the remaining with different people. Plus a 3 hour test with personality questions and other questions that did not relate to the job I applied for. I thought that the test was a total joke and did not get to finish it.

Received the offer from this job but by the time I received the offer, I had already started and accepted another job offer.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Seoul (South Korea)).

Interview

1 interview with recruiter 2. Interview with HR and senior manager 3. computer based test 4. Interview with associationer director and division director

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Recruiter was the negotiaticng party so it felt all the conditions vad benen set agerade and no room för negotiation.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2009.

Interview

1) 1st interview
    2) Psychometric test
    3) Numerical, verbal reasoning, abstract
    4) Final interview

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got HR phone call and asked a few questions. Arranged for face to face interview with manager. The interview is quite relax, questions on my previous work exp, why apply this job, what you expect learn from this job etc.
    Two weeks later i contacted the HR for following up, but then received reject email.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

It was very nice. I had to give test which was MCQ based consisting mainly of accounting techniques. It was then followed by a group discussion and then an interview.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New Delhi (India)) in July 2018.

Interview

It was a great interview. Asking all type of questions from my articleship.
    First round was a Group Discussion and the second round was a Personal Interview round. Gd topics were relatively easy but in the interview they asked each and everything.