Macquarie Group Interview Questions in Australia | Glassdoor

3.1

98 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Had a phone screening a week after submitting my application. Then a two-one interview a week later.
    Quite informal and relax. However, questions were difficult (not technical) more situational.
    Had two interviewees and the process took just under an hour. This is the first rounds of interviews.
    Have lots of situations and solutions prepared.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you missed a deadline and what did you do after?
      Name a time you coordinated a project without all the pieces?
      Name a time when you had to think from the customers perspective?   Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

First there was a phone interview that was impromptu. This was followed by a 2.5-3 hour online questionnaire. Then I was interviewed by 3 divisions for first round, 2 divisions for second round, and offered 1 job in the group treasury. Oh and before the second round interview I had to do the same online questionnaire again supervised with the other candidates. Quite laborious. The interviews were with 2 people for 30 mins or an hour. They did brainteasers and asked questions about the market and scenario questions.

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group in May 2017.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. Phone with HR, then two separate interview days. First round with HR was easy, very basic questions about why the service line, why this work etc. Second round was intense, loads of market questions which was full on from the start. Third round was tricky to tell. Macquarie definitely ask you some left field stuff to see how you will react, whereas Goldman interview was more direct.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and technical. Why Macquarie, why this division, where do you see yourself going in your career path. Then harder questions that required more specific examples about overcoming challenges, receiving negative feedback, feeling ashamed etc
      Second Round was mostly market based questions. Prepared for third round but it was a waste of time as they asked the most random questions.   Answer Question

Corporate Actions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Initial communication was slow - I only got the interview confirmation the day before the interview itself. After attending the interview, the HR team did not have the courtesy to call me re: feedback or the status of my application. Very disappointing and would not recommend this company to others.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you showed initiative   Answer Question
    • Imagine you are a junior employee and it is peak time. Your colleagues are busy and you have a deadline with which you are stuck. How would you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Junior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

Just finished the first round of interview, it is not face-to-face anymore. Recruiter uses Soru instead of other forms of interviews. Got two minutes of preparation of each question and answer questions.
    Its a good experience and currently waiting for the result for next round. Finger cross@@

Dev Ops Tech Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

Two interviews based around a casual question answer discussion. No technical questions, rather all based around attitudes to work. While the questions had no clear right or wrong answer, they were looking for confident answers and consistiency across the whole interview.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

First round interview: 2 rounds of 30 minute interviews, consisting of general fit and analytical questions
    Second round interview: 2 rounds of interviews, one fit-based and one based on a case provided on the day. Case had 1 hour of preparation time, and then 30 minutes of answering several questions based on the case.

Interview Questions

• Fit interviews based on knowledge of division and motivations
      Case interviews based on a banking scenario   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview is okay. Nothing too technical. However, the whole process is not very organised, it took almost 2 months. It is a rotational role, so both shanghai and Sydney office interviewed me. Two HR interviewed me and they have a lot of overlapping questions. Despite the process is a bit long. the overall experience was good. They were quite professional

Interview Questions

• How will the soybean future price change in case of a flood?   Answer Question

Client Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)) in December 2016.

Interview

Was asked to complete an online interview after sending in my resume. There were a series of questions which were all straightforward. I was then asked to come in to do psychometric testing that took 3 hours and comprised of numerical, verbal and abstract reasoning as well as a personality test.

IT Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied for the role online, within 24 hours I had a phone interview with an HR person. The second interview was a week later with the hiring manager via VC, the third interview was a week later with a panel of local team members, the fourth interview was an IQ/Personality test.

A fifth and final interview was scheduled but 2 weeks after the Personality test I received an email saying they would not proceed as another candidate was a better fit.

Considering the length and effort during the interview process it would have been nice to have gotten a call instead of a generic email rejection with a bit more explanation as to why. Otherwise, the process, albeit overly long, was efficient.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask any specific technical questions but allowed me to describe technical situations and how I dealt with it.   Answer Question