Want a Free Job Posting?

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central District (Hong Kong)

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Central District (Hong Kong)) in April 2011.

After online application for the role, got a immediate response for a 1:1 interview with HR, the interview was basic, self introduction, past employment and some behavioural questions. Second round of interview was with local reporting manager.Questions were similar to first round, wtith lot of behavioural questions.. a) Why did you apply for this role? Why Macquire? b) What is career goal for next 5 yrs? c) Reasons for leaving previous employers? d) Toughest situation that you have faced in your previous roles and how did you handle? HR was pretty quick giving the feedback after each round, though the process took long. Third round was the psychometric examination. Its a online test, takes almost 2-3 hrs. After the test, didnt get any response for 2.5 weeks, then I sent a mail requesting for feedback. After 3 days I get a reply saying, I have been short listed along with few other candidates and next round with the head office (Sydney). I waited for 3 weeks, no reply. I did send a follow up mail., still no reply. In the man mean time I got a another offer, which I accepted. The recruitment process so slow, it annoys you. At times, you tend to loose out on other opportunites waiting for the one which you are not sure of. I was very disappointed with the interview process and I gave up on this one.