Macquarie Group Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macquarie Group Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Macquarie Group

3.5

Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group in April 2008.

Interview

* Interview process rigorous including 1phone and 2 face to face interviews two skills tests and a personality test
* A person who displays a wide variety of skills and is able to solve problems quickly is much more highly regarded than a person who is very focused in one area
* Research the company, especially the different groups. Know about the group you are interviewing with.
* Sometimes the more "realistic" solution is better than the "perfect" solution

Interview Questions

• How would you explain the internet to your grandmother?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macquarie Group

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone call with the HR then online test of 2 hours , then two technical round with senior developer and manager, Pshyco-metric test of 3 hours. The process was slow after every round there was a week's gap.

Developer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

3 interviews. The interviews were relaxed, but the recruitment and HR process was a nightmare. Their HR/Recruitment staff are incompetent. They often give you incorrect information, get dates wrong, and even use insults during salary negotiation. They will get defensive, lie and then try to blame you if you point out their mistakes. They clearly have a toxic environment in this company. Would advise as little contact with HR or recruiters during the interview process to increase your chances. Personally I am glad I rejected the role and accepted another job.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

One F2F interview at their offices. The job spec mentioned a C++ developer but they did ask some Python questions. I told them that I haven't used Python for now 6-7 years now and might not be able to answer their questions but they were OK with it. Got an offer after 2 days and joined them.