Macquarie Group Equity Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macquarie Group Equity Research Interview Questions

Interviews at Macquarie Group

Equity Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group in January 2013.

Interview

1st - One on one meeting with Senior Analyst. Fit questions, some technical questions, favorite stock etc.

2nd - Meeting with HR. All fit/behavioral questions

3rd - Meeting with Sr Research Associate. SImilar to 1st meeting.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macquarie Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

First had a behavioral interview, then some logic tests that I had to take online, and then a in-person final interview. The final interview wasn't particularly difficult, but it did involve a little bit of a case example at the end. Mostly trying to figure out why I wanted to work in finance and specifically as an Equity Research Intern.

Interview Questions

• If you were to start a hot dog stand how would you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Gainesville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online through Career Resource Center. Two 1-on-1 on-campus interviews. Pretty straightforward. No technical questions. They really just wanted to know about resume and if you're a good fit for the company. Then SHL assessment after interviews, which consisted of numerical, verbal, logic, and personality tests. Can't study for these but look up practice questions online.

Interview Questions

• Run me through your resume. What do you know about Macquarie? Describe a time where you were faced with a problem and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Equity Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group in February 2010.

Interview

Quant and personality tests were not too hard. Practice with some sample IQ test questions will help. Interviewers were nice and friendly. HR was very helpful. There are more questions about experience, personality and motivation than financial knowledge. You must show that you are willing to work hard. It takes a while to hear back about the decision.