Macquarie Group Graduate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macquarie Group Graduate Interview Questions

Interviews at Macquarie Group

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Applied on their career site and received an email stating that they will schedule me for an phone interview. After 2 weeks, i don't receive any update about the schedule of the phone interview. I waited for nothing. Please improve your hiring process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macquarie Group

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group in May 2017.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. Phone with HR, then two separate interview days. First round with HR was easy, very basic questions about why the service line, why this work etc. Second round was intense, loads of market questions which was full on from the start. Third round was tricky to tell. Macquarie definitely ask you some left field stuff to see how you will react, whereas Goldman interview was more direct.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and technical. Why Macquarie, why this division, where do you see yourself going in your career path. Then harder questions that required more specific examples about overcoming challenges, receiving negative feedback, feeling ashamed etc
      Second Round was mostly market based questions. Prepared for third round but it was a waste of time as they asked the most random questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

It was very quick and efficient, and I really got the feel like they were trying to get to know me, could be completely myself and was overall very enjoyable and stimulating.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about the graduate program?   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Manila, Manila (Philippines)).

Interview

1st you'll have a phone Interview with Human Resource
    2nd you will be invited to take the Psychometric Exam
    3rd if you will pass the exam you will then be scheduled for a Panel Interview
    and lastly the Hiring Manager Interview

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Two interviews, one with team members one with management. The interviews were about 1 week apart and it took about another week to come back with my results. Human resources were extremely friendly and helpful, taking time to keep me up to date with delays on making a decision and the like.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions. Friendly atmosphere, lots of casual conversation about resume and the role. Emphasis on team work examples.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews and a psychometric test.

First interview was relaxed and enjoyable. lasted about 45 minuets and met with hiring manager and a HR representative.

Second interview was a lot harder. met with more senior member of department, lots of rapid fire questions without much time to think. only lasted 15 minuets.

Both interviews they were very keen to see what my knowledge of Macquarie was, more so than other banks/ financial services firms that i interviewed with.

psychometric was not the hardest in the industry. The test included a verbal, numeracy, personality and an abstract reasoning test. Took around 3 hours to complete.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about Macquarie's business model.   1 Answer