Macquarie Group ITG Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

ITG Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Soon after applying to Macquarie Group I was contacted for a phone interview. The phone interview was relatively laid back, no technical questions, just inquiries on my personal interests and interest in the company. I spent maybe an hour preparing by reading their site and some info on wiki, and that was sufficient to hold a 30 minute conversations.
The second and final interview was in the office about 2 weeks later. That was a full day of 5 interviews back to back. First was a one hour follow up with the same person as the phone interview, so nothing technical yet. The next was a one hour personality and skills test/conversation with another person, still not technical, just be honest. After that, the next interview was also one hour long but with two employees. One had apparently Googled me, which scared me at first, but all he brought up was the fact that I can solve the Rubik's cube. Besides that, it was mostly a check on my Computer Science background: what courses I have taken, what projects I had done, strengths and weaknesses, etc. I wasn't asked to write any code in this one. Finally, the last two interviews were 45 minute tech interviews. There were basic introductions as with the other interviews and then the I was asked a few coding questions. All rather simple: reverse a string, write a stack class, and write a multiply function using only for loops and addition. After that, I asked questions about the company and left.

Interview Questions

• Implement a simple stack class with the functions push, pop, peak and getSize.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate because it was the best offer I had. But my advice is the same I've got from friends who have negotiated: don't lie. Be completely straight forward and honest.