Macquarie Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macquarie Group Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2018

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Superday in London HQs: Super friendly company and amazing offices! Superday consisted of a case study, competency questions and pyschometric verification. The process was quite challenging, the case study was very very technical.

Interview Questions

• What motivated you to apply to this specific business group?   Answer Question

Management Role In Sydney Office Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group in December 2017.

Interview

First interview was great - two people were lovely that interviewed me. Then I was asked to do psychometric testing that took almost three hours. Then second interview with two people was not as smooth and a bit under whelming. What upset me most was that after giving up 5 hours of my time to attend two interviews and the tests, I only got an email from the internal recruiter saying ‘sorry you weren’t successful’. To me that says a lot about the culture anyway. If someone takes the time to attend an interview, sorry folks but you owe them an actual phone call.

Spring Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Video interview consisting of 6 questions. Between 1 and 2 minutes per question with 30 seconds preparation time. A recording of the question being asked was played, and then the time was allowed for an answer. It was a video interview that was reviewed at a later stage. There was no individual on the other end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Macquarie?
      Time working in a team?
      Where would you invest £100,000?
      3 other questions.   Answer Question

SummerRisk Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

Online Video Interview. Mainly motivational and behavioural questions. One logical brain teaser. Overall, it should be fine if one reads about the division and prepares. Make sure to dress appropriately and be relaxed.

Insight Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macquarie Group in February 2017.

Interview

I submit my application online and was asked to do a Video Interview with 6 questions. I got the offer.
    Tell us what you know about Macquarie
    Why should we choose you
    2 mins for whatever you want to say

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macquarie Group in April 2013.

Interview

It went quicker than I expected. I had an HR interview over the phone, and a group interview at the office.

Very interesting people to interview with. I was interviewed by the two analysts of the group. I got the offer after two weeks.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

Interview process is very long and includes personality/logic/math test. Very unorganized. At least once the offer came in everything was pretty clear. This is to get my answer to the 30 word minimum.

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewed at both No1 and No50 Martin Place locations. Both impressive locations and reception and concierges were prepared for your arrival . A strong first impression.
    interviews were well structured and clearly laid out at the beginning by the hiring managers. Consisting of an introduction to the firm and the job, then an opportunity for you to outline your experience before moving into the behavioural section. The interview concludes with logical puzzle and an opportunity for you to ask questions. The puzzle is designed to evaluate your problem solving skills, not necessarily if you get the answer right or wrong.
    Strongly advise preparing for the behavioural questions.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process was a brief phone call with a very nice recruiter. It took a few business days to hear anything back but was then brought in for a in person interview. Mostly behavior questions, everyone was extremely nice.

Risk Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

- Constructive dialogue.
    - Challenging
    - Pleasant and respectful
    - Future looking
    - Provided good overview of the company / activities
    - Interviewer passionated about his work and proud of what the business has achieved.
    - Interviewer mentioned the help he is looking for to build team up.