Macquarie Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macquarie Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

3.1

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Had a phone screening a week after submitting my application. Then a two-one interview a week later.
    Quite informal and relax. However, questions were difficult (not technical) more situational.
    Had two interviewees and the process took just under an hour. This is the first rounds of interviews.
    Have lots of situations and solutions prepared.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you missed a deadline and what did you do after?
      Name a time you coordinated a project without all the pieces?
      Name a time when you had to think from the customers perspective?

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group in April 2017.

Interview

Lengthy process, slow responses and highly bureaucratic. From date of initial application until receipt of final answer, 5 months passed by. Got a verbal offer confirmation which was withdrawn afterwards.

People are lovely when you speak to them but the overall recruitment process was very flawed and it does raise questions about the company's ethics if they provide a verbal confirmation on a job offer and later decide not to go for it (I do realise they are not legally obliged to anything up to that point).

No reasons offered as to why offer was withdrawn. Utterly disappointed

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group in May 2017.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. Phone with HR, then two separate interview days. First round with HR was easy, very basic questions about why the service line, why this work etc. Second round was intense, loads of market questions which was full on from the start. Third round was tricky to tell. Macquarie definitely ask you some left field stuff to see how you will react, whereas Goldman interview was more direct.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and technical. Why Macquarie, why this division, where do you see yourself going in your career path. Then harder questions that required more specific examples about overcoming challenges, receiving negative feedback, feeling ashamed etc
      Second Round was mostly market based questions. Prepared for third round but it was a waste of time as they asked the most random questions.

Graduate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

First there was a phone interview that was impromptu. This was followed by a 2.5-3 hour online questionnaire. Then I was interviewed by 3 divisions for first round, 2 divisions for second round, and offered 1 job in the group treasury. Oh and before the second round interview I had to do the same online questionnaire again supervised with the other candidates. Quite laborious. The interviews were with 2 people for 30 mins or an hour. They did brainteasers and asked questions about the market and scenario questions.

ITG Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manil (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Manil (Philippines)) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process has several levels, HR will do your initial assessment then goes to the Hiring Manager. Then a final interview will be done by the team Director (on my time it was from our Sydney Office) nerve wracking but confidence is the key. That is aside from the Psychometric Exam which is as tough as the whole interview process.

Automation Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter.I interviewed at Macquarie, Gurgaon on 12th May , 2017.
    There were total 5 rounds.First 3 rounds were written test which are elimination rounds. The written test will be of SQA , SQL , and psychometric test.Its a very lengthy exam.I don't understand why they have 3 level written test for experienced also.
    If the person clears written test then next round will be technical interview.It was not difficult one.
    The last round was VP round and it was also a general interview.They just check your confidence and analytical skills.

After all rounds went very well , I did not hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Mainly on automation framework and very basic java.Some questions on your framework.
      VP round was kinda general round.The VP also asked few puzzles to check your analytical and logical skills.

Client Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2015.

Interview

3 stage interview, phone interview and psychometric testing.

The interview process has separate exercises within it that determine suitability, as well as a more formal, sit down, traditional interview.

It is a little different than most other interviews I have been in.

Interview Questions

• Are you alright with performing repetitive tasks?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

90 minute phone call with Australia, 2 hour in person interview, 3 hour general education test.

The timed IQ tests I consider silly unless you're coming out of school... Other than that it's a pretty standard process. A little bit easy as they don't ask you to complete a project (which I personally consider the best coding assessment you can give someone)

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Very friendly, was interviewed by 3 EAs who were nice, the interview was quite thorough. I was even given a brief tour of the office space on my way out.

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview is okay. Nothing too technical. However, the whole process is not very organised, it took almost 2 months. It is a rotational role, so both shanghai and Sydney office interviewed me. Two HR interviewed me and they have a lot of overlapping questions. Despite the process is a bit long. the overall experience was good. They were quite professional

Interview Questions

• How will the soybean future price change in case of a flood?   Answer Question