Macquarie Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macquarie Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY).

Interview

First an on campus interview, followed by an online assessment. Then I was invited superday at the office in which I met the other analysts. Last step was a phone interview. All the analysts were friendly and nice, seems like a great place to work at.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

very long process over 2 months
    First phone, then a 3.5 hours assessment (IQ kind of test), then f2f

They made me wait for half an hour at the beginning of the interview

Interview Questions

• Freaky technical questions
      probably the interviewer has academic background and thats why so freaky
      1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was tedious and long. It started with a technical assessment, then a technical phone interview with a remote manager, then a 3 hour assessment (math, reading, analytical, personality) and finally ended a face to face interview with the hiring manager. This was spread out over a period of 3 months. Ultimately an offer was made but it was significantly lower than the median salary for that title.

Interview Questions

• You have 1000 employees suddenly lose network access. What do you do?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

Headhunter reached out. Few meetings with him. Then met with my group's head. Then met with four more team members a few weeks after that. Then took series of aptitude tests. Then met with both group heads again before accepting. Didn't like the heavy reliance on a single headhunter who somewhat misrepresented the role. Also not a fan of the fact that you don't get to see the workspace where you'll be working, as all interviews are conducted on a separate "HR" floor in the building.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Two parts: Behavioral & Technical. 3 questions each. Interview lasts 30minutes. Everyone is extremely nice and patient. For technical aspect they are looking as to how you process the questions. So prepare your analytical thinking skills for some brain teasers. They will ask you questions such as: how would you find the square root of 100,000? or an exponential equation word problem and will purposely seek to how you are doing it.

Equity Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Gainesville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online through Career Resource Center. Two 1-on-1 on-campus interviews. Pretty straightforward. No technical questions. They really just wanted to know about resume and if you're a good fit for the company. Then SHL assessment after interviews, which consisted of numerical, verbal, logic, and personality tests. Can't study for these but look up practice questions online.

Interview Questions

• Run me through your resume. What do you know about Macquarie? Describe a time where you were faced with a problem and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Equity Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

First had a behavioral interview, then some logic tests that I had to take online, and then a in-person final interview. The final interview wasn't particularly difficult, but it did involve a little bit of a case example at the end. Mostly trying to figure out why I wanted to work in finance and specifically as an Equity Research Intern.

Interview Questions

• If you were to start a hot dog stand how would you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview be prepared for a whole bunch of brain teaser questions, they want to test how well prepared you are. So practice as much as possible all the brain teasers and mental math you can think of. Google brain teasers. Be prepared for some finance questions as well.

Interview Questions

• A lily pad grows so that each day it doubles its size (area). On the 20th day of its life, it completely covers the pond. On what day of its life was the pond half covered?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied through on-campus recruiting and received a first-round interview. Two people in the Credit department interviewed me. The questions were mainly behavioral with a little emphasis on current economic conditions. They were very friendly and offered information about their roles. They asked me to run them through my resume. They asked about my interest in Macquarie and the specific department.

Interview Questions

• What kind of skills have you gained from previous work experiences that would be useful for this job?   Answer Question

Senior Windows Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Beware of interviewing with this place.

I had been through at least 5 different levels of interviews and assessment with many people in their organization. They put me through 3 sets of interviews with multiple people, a Windows test, and 2 and a half hour psychometric test. This is a very time consuming and taxing process.

Since many of the interviewers were in Sydney Australia I also worked hard to make myself available to interview after normal hours in evenings and whenever they had availability.

After the lengthy process was over the recruiter then told me several times that he guaranteed he would get back to me but failed to do so. He also left me with no feedback.

Finally he didn't have the courtesy to call me and tell me over the phone that I didn't get the position but responded with a dismissive email telling me that they weren't going forward with my application. That is not something you do to someone who put in a lot of time interviewing with you and going through the entire interview process. That is for someone who has just applied.

I find that behavior completely unacceptable. While they did impress me at the beginning and middle of the process, I now believe they were just playing around with me.

Don't invest all of your time with them and look elsewhere if possible. Otherwise you will be wasting a lot of time for no reason.

Interview Questions

• Too many questions were asked to put anything here. They wasted a lot of my time.   1 Answer