Macquarie Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macquarie Group Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group in November 2014.

Interview

Online Application. Phone interview with recruitment and member of team (motivational/behavioral questions and some technical). Aptitude tests (numerical,verbal, reasoning). Final technical interview. Overall a fast process with feedback along the way. HR is very helpful.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group in October 2014.

Interview

Initial communication from internal recruiter via email. Interview scheduled promptly. Process was extremely professional. I was interviewed by two attorney-managers who were prompt and courteous and clear. There was no pre-screening. Interviews lasted roughly 30 minutes and were conducted in a prompt and professional manner. A pre-screening interview with the recruiter probably would have made sense in context.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer believed the job was "below" my qualifications and asked questions around that issue. The question wasn't difficult, but the expectation wasn't clear prior to the interview, hence it was surprising.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I was called in for an initial interview where the job was described and I was asked basic questions. After this they scheduled a second interview with a higher level of management. Both asked the same questions and focused on the ability to take direction and work hard.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process included aptitude tests (eg. what image comes next in a sequence) and behavioral tests that took almost three hours. No feedback or contact whatsoever after interview process complete (three interviews and aptitude tests). Lack of follow up a concern, and unprofessional.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

7 round interview, all of which were very straight forward and surprisingly relaxed. Interviewers, in specific order, were MD, SVP, VP, Associate, SVP, Associate, Recruiter. They give you a few breaks (for lunch and in between interviews). I highly recommend using this time wisely. All in all, pretty straight forward for an IB interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY).

Interview

On campus recruiting like all other banks, then first round interviews on campus with a girl from HR or a relatively junior person, then took some ridiculously long assessment test, then final round superday at the company office (3-4 interviews, 30 min each). They did draw out the process a lot longer than I would have liked, but they gave me two weeks to decide and let me pick my start date the following summer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work specifically at Macquarie? (didn't know much about the firm when I applied)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Standard analyst contract

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

3 interview process, spanning at least a month. First interview was with 2 associates from the small team. Very nice, smart people with international backgrounds. Second "interview" was a psychometric examination. About three hours, lightweight math test, personality questionnaire and logic test. Very boring. They put you in a room just big enough to hold a desk and for the door to swing open. Obviously, this room was a closet. Third interview was with Counsel/head of compliance. Nice, well educated woman. Interview was about an hour and was wide ranging. Heard nothing after that for about a month until I was told the position had been filled.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

There was a day with 3 different interviews with different people. One interview was a case study and you had to lead them through your thinking process. You're allowed to ask questions and they help lead you in the right direction if you are struggling. They are most interested in your thought process.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied through campus career website. Had an interview in person on campus, was mostly behavioral with a few brain teasers

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group in March 2014.

Interview

BS questions; financial questions. Interviewer was not appropriate for the role; merely a gatekeeper and was not familiar with actual functions. Complete BS, and wanted a personality and skills assessment.