Macquarie Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macquarie Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2017

3.1

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied through campus career website. Had an interview in person on campus, was mostly behavioral with a few brain teasers

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group in March 2014.

Interview

BS questions; financial questions. Interviewer was not appropriate for the role; merely a gatekeeper and was not familiar with actual functions. Complete BS, and wanted a personality and skills assessment.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

On campus interview. Was given a mini case study and a few brainteasers. Wasn't a very difficult interview technically.

Interview Questions

• What is something on your resume that you are most proud of?   Answer Question

Risk Management Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

Applied through on campus recruiting center and was invited for first rounds and a pre-interview event. First round was all behavioral questions and based on your resume so really know your experiences well. If you get through the first round, you receive instructions to complete a psychometric test.

Interview Questions

• Do you find yourself to be more of a quantitative or qualitative thinker?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Did campus recruiting. Two rounds. Fairly low-pressure. Asked a couple of brain-teasers and some fit questions. Didn't ask many technicals. First interview was with two analysts, then the super day had an interview with a VP and an MD, then another one with a VP.

Interview Questions

• What group I wanted to be in.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Called in for first round interviews in their offices.

Interview Questions

• How many people have you worked under in your past job.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at my college or university's On Campus Recruitment center in January 2014. There were two interviewers from the firm present. The interview lasted only thirty minutes and overall, it was very relaxed and more conversational in style.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Mostly behavioral. The interviewers were extremely nice and answered all my questions thoroughly   Answer Question

MSG Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group in January 2014.

Interview

Referred by a family friend, and was given a 45 minute phone interview. Once pushed to the next step I had to take a 3 hour test from my dorm room. A week later I was asked to come to Manhattan for 3 30 minute interviews. The first was two sales professionals, the second was two research professionals and the final interview was with HR. I also had to take another hour long survey. As I was brought in there were several other interview candidates. The interviews weren't stressful, but a lot of technical and behavioral questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite industry and how do you value a company?
      Pitch me something... (Hard on the spot)   Answer Question

Central Compliance Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Analysis Paralysis comes to mind. There were 5 rounds of interviews- and there would have been a 6th had I let them continue upon the path they were going in. Round 1 = HR Screening, Round 2 = Two 30 minute interviews with Sr. Managers, Round 3= Psychometric testing, Round 4=Two 30 minute interviews with Assoc. Directors, Round 5= Mock Training Session. Throughout these all of these rounds I barely had an opportunity to ask the interviewers questions, which was especially important considering this was a new role, and as I found out poorly defined in what they need. If I really wanted to be a full time trainer (rather than a training manager which is what the job is supposed to be) I would have just kept my mouth shut and cooperated with their process and probably gotten the offer, but not only is that not what I wanted- but more importantly I saw a great deal of inconsistancies- therefore the job as they define it is not what they need.

Interview Questions

• Questions from managers with L&D backgrounds were well framed for an L&D role- but seemed inconsistent from questions from those coming from Compliance, and difficult to gauge what they really wanted vs. what they needed. The questions themselves were not difficult.   Answer Question

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Telephone interview with recruiter, she was very insulting, but somehow passed me on for anther in person interview. That went well and then the telephone interviews started with Australia . That was ok, although it was the same questions from most of them, then they have you take a very difficult assessment test. Better study for it, it is not easy.

Interview Questions

• Were you upset that the board of directors did not support your suggestions for change   1 Answer