Macquarie Group Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macquarie Group Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Macquarie Group

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

This was for the women's diversity program, which is part of MAC's accelerating recruiting scheme. I received the email asking for a phone screen when I was on my flight back to school so I had minimum time to prepare for it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macquarie Group

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

With no previous finance experience, my interview questions focused on fit, past experiences, and simple math (rather than heavy technical problems). The process consisted of a 30-minute on-campus interview, an online assessment, two 30-minute on-site interviews, and an offer extended that very day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in July 2018.

Interview

Moved speedily through their application, testing, and first-round process. First-round was casual. This took about in two weeks, after which I was selected to interview at their New York office on a Friday. The psychometric test is not like the SAT and you should not spend time preparing for it. There were two, 30-minute interviews, one technical and one behavorial.

Technical was with two analysts. It was exclusivly brain teasers and mental math. The behavorials were standard with two VPs on the second interview. One of the interviewers was on their phone for most of the interview. An employee from HR called in a few days to kindly deliver the rejection. I appreciated the expediance of their process. Cheereful staff.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather have six thousand dollars now or $2 each day for the rest of your life? What is the yield for the annuity in the case of the $2?

303 x 66

A variant of the Rule of 72

Etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Typical Phone Screen, First Round, Superday. Macquarie came onto campus for recruiting and I attended their event. Macquarie is a strong global brand but in America they have niche strengths. LA is good in Gaming and NYC is good in infrastructure.

Interview Questions

• Pretty typical technical questions. DCF, Valuation, accounting, brain teasers etc. Some more advanced questions as well but you can figure them out if you've gone through the M&I guides.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Two parts: Behavioral & Technical. 3 questions each. Interview lasts 30minutes. Everyone is extremely nice and patient. For technical aspect they are looking as to how you process the questions. So prepare your analytical thinking skills for some brain teasers. They will ask you questions such as: how would you find the square root of 100,000? or an exponential equation word problem and will purposely seek to how you are doing it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Had on campus interview, followed by online assessment, follow by superday. Many fit questions, not too many technical questions. I am a liberal arts student and they seemed to view having some non-business school candidates as a plus. Online assessment was fairly easy but time consuming. On campus interview was very simple, basically just looking to see if I knew what I was getting into, and making sure I was academically qualified and had done my due diligence. City superday consisted of two 30 minute interviews, one fit and one technical, neither were too bad.

Interview Questions

• How does the income statement interact with the cash flow statement.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middlebury, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Middlebury, VT).

Interview

General interview about relevant experience and exposure to finance. General a test for fit with the company and a couple brain teasers. The interview is very manageable if prepared well and understand the banking universe.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied through campus career website. Had an interview in person on campus, was mostly behavioral with a few brain teasers

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

On campus interview. Was given a mini case study and a few brainteasers. Wasn't a very difficult interview technically.

Interview Questions

• What is something on your resume that you are most proud of?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group in February 2013.

Interview

Applied on campus, and had initial phone screen followed by super day in office with 4-5 people interviewing across levels (analysts, associates and a vice-president). People were friendly and was told about the ongoing work and the trading floor style arrangement in the office.