Macquarie Group Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macquarie Group Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Macquarie Group

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Typical Phone Screen, First Round, Superday. Macquarie came onto campus for recruiting and I attended their event. Macquarie is a strong global brand but in America they have niche strengths. LA is good in Gaming and NYC is good in infrastructure.

Interview Questions

• Pretty typical technical questions. DCF, Valuation, accounting, brain teasers etc. Some more advanced questions as well but you can figure them out if you've gone through the M&I guides.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macquarie Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

This was for the women's diversity program, which is part of MAC's accelerating recruiting scheme. I received the email asking for a phone screen when I was on my flight back to school so I had minimum time to prepare for it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

With no previous finance experience, my interview questions focused on fit, past experiences, and simple math (rather than heavy technical problems). The process consisted of a 30-minute on-campus interview, an online assessment, two 30-minute on-site interviews, and an offer extended that very day.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

After resume sent in by friend, got a first round phone screen.
    No technical questions. Mostly resume related questions. I've previously completed an internship in equity research, so got questions on content and methods of reports I contributed.
    Interviewer works in LevFin, so a lot of market related questions.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group in February 2013.

Interview

Applied on campus, and had initial phone screen followed by super day in office with 4-5 people interviewing across levels (analysts, associates and a vice-president). People were friendly and was told about the ongoing work and the trading floor style arrangement in the office.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

Recruitment through school. Contacts from information session, guys were really friendly. Some of the team is awkward. First round over the phone, Associate kept missing my call so it was postponed a day. Superday in the LA office. Six rounds in singles and pairs.

Interview Questions

• One VP talked about bonds for literally the entire interview.   1 Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied through campus career website. Had an interview in person on campus, was mostly behavioral with a few brain teasers

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

On campus interview. Was given a mini case study and a few brainteasers. Wasn't a very difficult interview technically.

Interview Questions

• What is something on your resume that you are most proud of?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Had on campus interview, followed by online assessment, follow by superday. Many fit questions, not too many technical questions. I am a liberal arts student and they seemed to view having some non-business school candidates as a plus. Online assessment was fairly easy but time consuming. On campus interview was very simple, basically just looking to see if I knew what I was getting into, and making sure I was academically qualified and had done my due diligence. City superday consisted of two 30 minute interviews, one fit and one technical, neither were too bad.

Interview Questions

• How does the income statement interact with the cash flow statement.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middlebury, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Middlebury, VT).

Interview

General interview about relevant experience and exposure to finance. General a test for fit with the company and a couple brain teasers. The interview is very manageable if prepared well and understand the banking universe.