Macquarie Group Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated May 11, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

90 minute phone call with Australia, 2 hour in person interview, 3 hour general education test.

The timed IQ tests I consider silly unless you're coming out of school... Other than that it's a pretty standard process. A little bit easy as they don't ask you to complete a project (which I personally consider the best coding assessment you can give someone)

IT Support Analyst - Trade Floor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Saw posting on Macquarie website, and applied. Got an email a few weeks later, asking me to come in for interview consisting of real-time technical support scenarios, and a 5 minute presentation of a topic of my choice & how it can be applied to Macquarie. Went in for the interview, and did the scenarios & presentation. Got a response back a few days later, asking me to come back in for final round interview. Did a psychometric exam, consisting of math, verbal, and personality questions. I then met with most of the team, and answered various technical, situational, and personality questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if a Head Trader comes to you and says he can't log on to his machine, a group of traders come to with an OMS system down issue, and another trader coming to you with a printer issue? All of them at the same time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview with 2 recruiters and was mostly behavioral with a brain teaser. There were a couple technical questions but it wasn't meant to be intimidating. Then there was a long online assessment which included logic and math portions. After that I was invited to participate in an onsite interview in New York. There were 2 interviews with 2 interviewers each. Interview was part behavioral and part technical.

Human Resources - Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a 4 step process unlike any other I have experienced:
    - A Pre-screen with recruiter within 10 days of applying online
    - On site with hiring manager within a week of pre-screen
    - Psychometric Exam (Numerical, Verbal, Abstract Reasoning & Personality Assessment) which had to be during normal business hours
    - On site with boss's boss and generalist a week after taking the test

Recruiter was responsive and kind, a true pleasure to work with.

Interview Questions

• Where would I be in 5 years if I stayed at my old firm   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY).

Interview

First an on campus interview, followed by an online assessment. Then I was invited superday at the office in which I met the other analysts. Last step was a phone interview. All the analysts were friendly and nice, seems like a great place to work at.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Two parts: Behavioral & Technical. 3 questions each. Interview lasts 30minutes. Everyone is extremely nice and patient. For technical aspect they are looking as to how you process the questions. So prepare your analytical thinking skills for some brain teasers. They will ask you questions such as: how would you find the square root of 100,000? or an exponential equation word problem and will purposely seek to how you are doing it.

Equity Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

First had a behavioral interview, then some logic tests that I had to take online, and then a in-person final interview. The final interview wasn't particularly difficult, but it did involve a little bit of a case example at the end. Mostly trying to figure out why I wanted to work in finance and specifically as an Equity Research Intern.

Interview Questions

• If you were to start a hot dog stand how would you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview be prepared for a whole bunch of brain teaser questions, they want to test how well prepared you are. So practice as much as possible all the brain teasers and mental math you can think of. Google brain teasers. Be prepared for some finance questions as well.

Interview Questions

• A lily pad grows so that each day it doubles its size (area). On the 20th day of its life, it completely covers the pond. On what day of its life was the pond half covered?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied through on-campus recruiting and received a first-round interview. Two people in the Credit department interviewed me. The questions were mainly behavioral with a little emphasis on current economic conditions. They were very friendly and offered information about their roles. They asked me to run them through my resume. They asked about my interest in Macquarie and the specific department.

Interview Questions

• What kind of skills have you gained from previous work experiences that would be useful for this job?   Answer Question

Commodities and Financial Markets Interview

Application

Interview

Easy interview process through on campus recruiting at my school. Applied through my school's career website, then received an email notifying me I had been selected for an interview, and went to the thirty minute on campus interview. A couple technical questions/ questions about the market, but mostly wanted to see why I was a good fit for the position based on my past experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something happening in the markets that's interested you recently.   Answer Question