Macquarie Group Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macquarie Group Research Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Macquarie Group

3.3

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager was decent, however as soon as we sat down, I could tell I wasn't the one. They didn't even read my resume beforehand. I had to explain to him 5 times what my old role was, they were constantly checking the clock, and seemed disinterested in my answers.

I was then asked questions about the economy and financial markets, where I would get data for analysis, and was given information about the role itself.

After that was done, I had a phone call with an HR employee from their New York office. They were very pleasant, and asked me a few questions on the latest economic and market developments, my preference for industry specialization, what I could bring to the role etc. This was also behavioural as well.

I did not get the role.

Interview Questions

• What is the yield on the 10 year US Treasury bond?
    Tell me about yourself
    Tell me about the latest economic developments
    What do you like about the role?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macquarie Group

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in April 2018.

Interview

There were 4 rounds:
    1. Online Psychometric Assessment Test
    2. Group Discussion
    3. Technical Interview
    4. Interview

Long and tiring process and result also took some time.

I have economics background so, there were a lot of eco questions around 8-10 ques.

Interview Questions

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group in June 2011.

Interview

two phone interviews, one from Shanghai office director, mainly about who you are and what you did. THe one from HK equity research department head proceeded with odds, he just went through resume and did not want to take any questions.