Macquarie Group Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macquarie Group Software Developer Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process was quite hectic and time consuming. Wished I have read reviews about this company's interviews before going. This company more or less play around with people's time. They interviewed me for a technical screening for about 45 minutes when they showed me a demeanor that I didn't get it. I told the recruiter I don't see a point of going forward they sounded unimpressed and that's fine I can look somewhere else. After the recruiter talked with hiring manager, she came back to me telling me that they want me to take a test of an hour. The test took 2 hours to finish which were mostly asking about difference between older technologies and newer ones, tracing questions and programming concepts. After finishing the test, one can't get hold of the results since macquarie owns the results, they asked to meet up with me. In going there, it was another set of technical interviews. The hiring manager who interviewed me at first didn't ask any different questions than the ones he first interviewed me weeks before. I was shocked that I found there's nothing new he wanted to find out along with his demeanor that I didn't make sense (which also the recruiter told me that the hiring manager is weird), after that two other developers came to interviewe me to white board things, as if no one looked at my test i put before that interview. They asked me to write code and kept asking me how certain technologies work, questions were asked in a very vague manner and didn't seem that they had the questions organized.
Two days later, the recruiter contacted me to tell me that they said I am good in problem solving and analysis but not in hands on coding.
Absurd, I already code daily in my life even through my weekends. Waste of time. Look somewhere else. Interviewing in tests and exams has become an overstretch in the software field and doesn't make sense most of the questions at times.

Interview Questions

• Draw to us diagrams of current project you are working on.
    (based on my current project contract I should not expose most of the architectures that I work on.) Interviewers should know this question is not legit.
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macquarie Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

I met with them on campus. I talked with them briefly and was invited to an interview on location, with about 5 other candidates on site. Overall, the employees were laid back and the experience was fun.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe my previous technical experiences, as well as code up some simple C functions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

I apply at June , and got the phone interview notice after one month.
    they said wanna set up the phone interview with me.
    It is the first round phone interview, and the recruiter was very nice, very patient.
    all the asking question is about H R question
    like.... why

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

I got the interviews for this role through a staffing agency.
    The process consisted of a very difficult online programming skills test, a phone interview on past experiences, written test ( 3 hours) based on design and coding which was not very difficult, an in person interview with 3 individuals asking technical, programming questions and knowledge about the products, followed by phone interview to speak with members situated outside of New York City.

At this point I already received an offer from another company and so ended the interview process here. But as far as I know there would be a couple more steps before the final decision would be made:
    A Psychometric test and interview with senior management.

My overall impression of this company is good. Though the process had been lengthy it was well organized. The interviewers were knowledgable and were very excited about what they do. They were also very transparent about what the role was and what I would be expected to do. It was a very close-knit, positive work culture.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (London, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

There was a written technical test and online...I don't know, why I was rejected...probably they consider the time taken...I took longer time than the usual 54 minutes.

Interview Questions

• It was a question on run-time type information (RTTI). I don't remember exactly now.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macquarie Group in December 2009.

Interview

Mixture of behavioural questions and technical questions. Typical questions like introduce yourself, what do you know about the company, etc. For technical question, they asked for past project experience as well as particular features of a technology (.NET garbage collection, etc) Also there was a written question to detect cycle in a linked list.