Macquarie Group Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 24, 2017

3.1

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview with 2 recruiters and was mostly behavioral with a brain teaser. There were a couple technical questions but it wasn't meant to be intimidating. Then there was a long online assessment which included logic and math portions. After that I was invited to participate in an onsite interview in New York. There were 2 interviews with 2 interviewers each. Interview was part behavioral and part technical.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macquarie Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY).

Interview

First an on campus interview, followed by an online assessment. Then I was invited superday at the office in which I met the other analysts. Last step was a phone interview. All the analysts were friendly and nice, seems like a great place to work at.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview be prepared for a whole bunch of brain teaser questions, they want to test how well prepared you are. So practice as much as possible all the brain teasers and mental math you can think of. Google brain teasers. Be prepared for some finance questions as well.

Interview Questions

• A lily pad grows so that each day it doubles its size (area). On the 20th day of its life, it completely covers the pond. On what day of its life was the pond half covered?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied through on-campus recruiting and received a first-round interview. Two people in the Credit department interviewed me. The questions were mainly behavioral with a little emphasis on current economic conditions. They were very friendly and offered information about their roles. They asked me to run them through my resume. They asked about my interest in Macquarie and the specific department.

Interview Questions

• What kind of skills have you gained from previous work experiences that would be useful for this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

First round was simple, two friendly interviewers mostly interested in my background. A couple of basic markets questions, asked some questions about macroeconomic trends. All in all, was a very routine interview-- do some research on the company and it will take you a long way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Bethlehem, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Through school career website. Applied online and then Macquarie contacted me. They had an invite dinner the night before, and then it was two recent alumni who did the interview. Overall very behavioral, until I got hit with one super technical bond question that I had no idea how to respond to.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macquarie Group in October 2015.

Interview

Back to back interviews, mostly behavioral nothing serious. Had to take them through my resume and talk about my dream job. More of just trying to get a feel for who you are.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to happen when the interest rates rise?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

First round was half hour interview with two interviewers-- one sort of played good cop while the other played bad cop. Asked mostly behavior questions, then some basic facts about the company as well as any interests in the markets. A few brain teasers but nothing too tricky.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Macquarie Group in January 2015.

Interview

Took one week, first was a phone interview, followed by three SHL tests (numeric, verbal, abstract) and two personality tests. Interviewer, a VP, was great, engaging, questions not too technical, more personality / fit based. Seemingly great environment in NY office, quickly growing in US infrastructure / commodity markets. Interviewer answered all of my questions thoroughly, had great things to say about his experience at the company. Still waiting to hear results of assessments and information about the final screening.

Interview Questions

• Why my major? Why my school? Why would I be a good fit for the job? Wanted to know how acquainted I was with commodities markets and recent deals that Mac. had done.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at my college or university's On Campus Recruitment center in January 2014. There were two interviewers from the firm present. The interview lasted only thirty minutes and overall, it was very relaxed and more conversational in style.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Mostly behavioral. The interviewers were extremely nice and answered all my questions thoroughly   Answer Question