Macquarie Group Interview Questions in Sydney, Australia | Glassdoor

3.1

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Had a phone screening a week after submitting my application. Then a two-one interview a week later.
    Quite informal and relax. However, questions were difficult (not technical) more situational.
    Had two interviewees and the process took just under an hour. This is the first rounds of interviews.
    Have lots of situations and solutions prepared.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you missed a deadline and what did you do after?
      Name a time you coordinated a project without all the pieces?
      Name a time when you had to think from the customers perspective?   Answer Question

Corporate Actions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Initial communication was slow - I only got the interview confirmation the day before the interview itself. After attending the interview, the HR team did not have the courtesy to call me re: feedback or the status of my application. Very disappointing and would not recommend this company to others.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you showed initiative   Answer Question
    • Imagine you are a junior employee and it is peak time. Your colleagues are busy and you have a deadline with which you are stuck. How would you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

First round interview: 2 rounds of 30 minute interviews, consisting of general fit and analytical questions
    Second round interview: 2 rounds of interviews, one fit-based and one based on a case provided on the day. Case had 1 hour of preparation time, and then 30 minutes of answering several questions based on the case.

Interview Questions

• Fit interviews based on knowledge of division and motivations
      Case interviews based on a banking scenario   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview is okay. Nothing too technical. However, the whole process is not very organised, it took almost 2 months. It is a rotational role, so both shanghai and Sydney office interviewed me. Two HR interviewed me and they have a lot of overlapping questions. Despite the process is a bit long. the overall experience was good. They were quite professional

Interview Questions

• How will the soybean future price change in case of a flood?   Answer Question

Client Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)) in December 2016.

Interview

Was asked to complete an online interview after sending in my resume. There were a series of questions which were all straightforward. I was then asked to come in to do psychometric testing that took 3 hours and comprised of numerical, verbal and abstract reasoning as well as a personality test.

IT Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied for the role online, within 24 hours I had a phone interview with an HR person. The second interview was a week later with the hiring manager via VC, the third interview was a week later with a panel of local team members, the fourth interview was an IQ/Personality test.

A fifth and final interview was scheduled but 2 weeks after the Personality test I received an email saying they would not proceed as another candidate was a better fit.

Considering the length and effort during the interview process it would have been nice to have gotten a call instead of a generic email rejection with a bit more explanation as to why. Otherwise, the process, albeit overly long, was efficient.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask any specific technical questions but allowed me to describe technical situations and how I dealt with it.   Answer Question

IT Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

2 rounds, good interviewers who knew the subject matter and were not afraid to ask tough questions.
    The Psych assessment was a bit daunting but can be practiced online if you search for examples and i recommend that you do. The follow up was relatively quickly compared to other banks

Corporate Actions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2016.

Interview

applied online a week ago and received a call just now from HR business partner. But I think I just fail because at the end of interview, HR just tell me the process of the recruitment and the outcome will be by the end of this week but didn't invite me directly over the phone. I prepare a lot but it was a terrible situation where I was outside and it was super noisy so I behave not enough properly. Just wanna cry...

Interview Questions

• Why this position? Tell me about yourself? Whether you are available immediately or not? Salary expect?   Answer Question

Customer Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied Online through the website, received an email 3 days later to complete a video interview, after that i was invited to the assessment center. Still waiting on the outcome

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self? Challenges facing you in this role? Tell me about a time when you build a relationship with an external stakeholder?   Answer Question

Adviser Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, Receive a call the following day for a quick phone interview. Nothing difficult, general experience and resume. Arranged a 1 on 1 interview with the office manager the following day. This went in dept on my Resume and experience, lots of behavioral questions and example based questions, interviewer was really friendly. After this I was invited to do the psychometric testing in the Martin place office. This was extremely difficult, still waiting on the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?

Soft skill?

What would your friends and family say abt you?   Answer Question