Macy's Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Macy's

2.0

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Relatively simple interview process. It was easy-going and relaxed. The hiring managers care more about your personality and if you would be a right fit for the team than technical skills. The process is also very quick.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (El Paso, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I had 2 interviews. The first was rather quickly after I applied online and was with the store manager. He was very nice and asked standard questions. He then said that they would either call me for a second interview the next week or send me an email stating I didn't get the job. 3 weeks went by and I called at which time he said that I had been selected for a second interview and that the administrative supervisor would be giving me a call in the next couple of days to set up the interview. I didn't hear from her for another week. When I went in to the interview she was clearly distracted and didn't want to be there. She just kept talking about the job and not really asking me anything. She even at one point accused me of only working hard to get bonuses and made a point to say I didn't have retail experience. Which made no sense, since it was an office position. At the end she said the position had opened back up and they would have to look at those applications as well. I didn't hear from them for another 3 weeks which was me calling to find out about the position. And of course to no surprise she said they had hired an internal. Which I think is what she wanted to do all along. I guess that's the benefit of having your executive friend work over you: the ladder is a lot easier to climb.

Anonymous Employee in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Youngstown, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

A quick interview process - got an offer a day or two after my interview. Friendly staff - made me feel welcome.It was one on one and I got an overview of the operators and a tour of the warehouse. Set aside time to discuss the expectations of the positon.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a challenging situation and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

Interview

Appled online. Was emailed an interview date schedule. You can choose a date. Then you meet with 2 managers. Once you have interviewed you will be offered before you leave. You need to come on a scheduled date to start paperwork and Orientation.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe customer service ?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Interview short. Behavioural type interview questions. Friendly welcoming atmosphere . Very clear about what they were looking for that position. Overall great experience . The whole process took about five days. If you are flexible I recommend it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to learn a new software,how did u master it   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Interviewed with one department, they went with another candidate. Went back about 2 weeks later to interview for another department, they hired me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merritt Island, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Merritt Island, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

The scheduling of the interview is automated so you get an email to schedule you own interview. I understand the reason but still think it's a bit impersonal. Then I got a call to change the time anyway! Oh well....no biggie! The people I met with were super great.

Interview Questions

• There were not any questions that I felt were in any way difficult but I would encourage all those newly entering the market place to review interview questions or practice with someone. They ask the standard questions like team work examples, difficult situation you've been in and how you dealt with it, etc....   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mishawaka, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Mishawaka, IN) in October 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with a supervisor. My interview process was not typical because it turned out I knew the interviewer so it was a no brainer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Overland Park, KS) in November 2013.

Interview

After applying for the Administrative support position for HR, I was contact via email to set up an appointment to speak with a hiring manager. The reason I applied for the position is because it was part time and I'd be performing basic HR duties which was appealing since I recently graduated with an HR degree. Once I arrived at the store and waited for 10 mins, two employees introduced themselves and informed me that the position I applied for had been filled BUT they wanted to interview me for a holiday sales associate position. I said "No Thanks" and left, in the small print during the appointment set up they said this could happen. However, the fact that the position was previously filled and I had driven through intense traffic after work was a complete waste and I was pretty pissed. Doing that to people is extremely unprofessional and actually insulting considering the person's resume,previous experience and position they originally applied for. Macy's at Metcalf South could have just sent an email notifying myself the position was filed and good luck on my job search....NEVER AGAIN!

Interview Questions

• There were none as soon as I was informed the position I applied for I respectfully declined the holiday sales position.   Answer Question

not the job I applied for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Lynnwood, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview process is a joke. The job only pays $10.45 an hour for hr type work. Insulting. Filling out online application and checking salary ranges you would except like $16.00 or more and still get an interview to be told its $10.45 was a shock and waste of time and energy.

Interview Questions

• How little the job pays. After being told what the job actually pays i was asked if i wanted to continue with the interview, i said no, i havent been paid that low of a wage since i was a teen, and that was many years ago. I will never apply for a job at macys in the future   Answer Question