Macy's Administrative Support Team Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Administrative Support Team Associate Interview Questions

2.6

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Support Team Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I received an interview offer 48 hours after my application and I scheduled it for the next week. It was a 30 minute interview with structured question. The interviewer was friendly and it felt like a conversation. This was a seasonal hire: they're mainly looking for how well you can interact with people.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you showed integrity in a situation?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time you met a customer and identified with them?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time you provided customer service/administrative support?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Administrative Support Team Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's in September 2016.

Interview

It's a one on one interview process. There are around 7-8 generic interview questions. Most of the questions are based on your past working experience... Have you ever encountered...? What did you do? The job was already offered to someone else as I interviewed. So I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Integrity is critical in our company. In your past experience, what did you do/ how did you do to demonstrate your integrity?   Answer Question
    • Tell us the last time you had a conflict with your co-worker, what did you do, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online, received an email a week later to schedule my own interview. I scheduled the interview for the next day because I know its "first come first serve" with the scheduling database. The interview was about 15 minutes, asking questions about my experience along with situational questions. Afterwards I was asked to sit back in the waiting area, 5 min later I was offered the position as an Administrative Associate in the HR department. The job posting did not mention "seasonal", but the person interviewing mentioned it is very likely to become permanent with great performance.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you think the daily operations are of an Administrative Support Team Associate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Enfield, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and then was asked to schedule an interview. I arrived 15 minutes early and sat in the lobby for 45 minutes waiting for the interviewer. She finally called me in to tell me she had already filled the position and offered me a min. wage retail job. I advised her that I would have appreciated a call to let me know the position was filled or if she had simply told me that while I sat and waited for 45 minutes. Completely unprofessional behavior.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Towson, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online, received an email to schedule an appointment. I scheduled my appointment for noon, showed up 10 minutes early, and wasn't interviewed until an hour after my interview time. I could tell by the interview that she wasn't really interested in hiring me, she only asked me THREE questions. I think it may have been because my availability didn't allow me to work a few of their "key dates" in November, which she asked me before I started to interview. But I have school, which was not only on my resume but also included in the availibility portion of the application so it wasn't like that was a surpise.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions, she only asked three 1. Describe a time when you saw someone bending or breaking the rules, what did you do? 2. What administrative experience do you have? 3. Describe a time when working in a team or a group, what role did you take?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a one on one interview with the manager that would be my supervisor. She asked nine or ten questions from a form, that were basic interview questions.

I had a job offer before the interview was completed, which is pretty standard for sales associates, but not for AST associates.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe one time in which I had a co-worker conflict and how I resolved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Wilmington, DE) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview scheduling process was very impersonal. Everything is done by automated Email. They Email you an interview request. Then you click on a link to schedule a date and time. I was only given one option for date and time. They send you an Email reminder as your interview date and time approaches.

Interview Questions

• None of them were really unexpected. Most of them are focused on Customer Service orientation and putting the customer first.   Answer Question

I indicated my salary range when I submitted the online application. When I got there, they stated that the salary was significantly less. Why waste my time? I was very disappointed with the experience overall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Honolulu, HI) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied online (for Macy's Ala Moana) and got an scheduling invite the next day. There wasn't much date and time to choose from so I scheduled my interview a week after.

On the day of the interview, I arrived 10 minutes early. As instructed in the email, I went to the HR office and picked up the phone. I was told to wait for the interviewer. Later, I got a call and instructed me to go to the Executive Office instead.

The interviewer explained that she has mandatory questions to ask me regarding my candidacy for the position. She said she had to write down my answers. First question she asked was if I'm looking for a Full Time or Part Time job. I answered her saying I wanted something FT. She then only asked me the questions from her pamphlet. There were only a few questions, around 6-7 of them. Easy questions that you have to compare to your previous experience. After that, she explained to me the role of the position, the duties and responsibilities. Turns out, the position is only a 12-hr/week job. Of course this wouldn't have any benefits included. She told me that I have to have a flexible schedule because it can start as early as 6:30 am and as late as 11:00 pm. I told her I had no problems with those working hours. When it was my turn to ask her questions, I only ask two questions about the position. She then said I'll be notified of the outcome when she is done doing the interviews.

Over three weeks past when I get the rejection letter. I clearly said I was flexible and remember my interviewer wrote the word "Flexible" on my questionnaire. So, I have no idea why I got an email saying " Unfortunately, your availability does not correspond with the days and hours needed for this position.".

Interview Questions

• All questions were the typical "Tell me about a time when you..." questions. Nothing unexpected since all questions were read out from their recruiting pamphlet.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I interviewed at Macy's (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online got invite in for a interview.

1 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Give a time when you observed a co-worker doing something unethical? What did you do about it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Calumet City, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Calumet City, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

The process was quite long 1st applied for the position July 11, got an email the next day stating to go to the website and schedule an interview however for over 4 weeks there were never any dates and I would check on a daily basis and finally the beginning of August dates appeared, I set up for Aug 15, but then got a call on the Friday before stating the hiring manager was not going to be in that day and if I could come in sooner. So I agreed and set up for Aug 13, went in with how they Macy associates dress after reading Glassdoor so black slacks, a turquoise shirt and a black sweater shawl on top with some low black heels..When I arrived and went downstairs to their human resources dept the other administrative support associate was away at lunch so I actually was first greeted by the hiring manager she had a few things going on and thank me for waiting but I told her taker her time so I waited a total of 20 min and then she walked me in her office. Once in there she explained what the position entailed and it was for part time, I have always been a worker at heart and felt the position could have paid a little more but I am willing to put in work to move up, It was about 5 question of "Tell me a time" when you dealt with an angry customer, had a team and someone didn't pull their weight what did you do, how do you feel about answering customer complaints etc.. ALWAYS TRY TO USE THE STAR METHOD(SITUATION, TASK, ACTION, RESULT) I pretty much answer the next questions by using the method, she said I reminded her of an associate of hers that she had recently help get promoted to a selling supervisor. She left out for a second came back and told me she had been interviewing for this position for a awhile and she offered me the job on the spot! Which was refreshing because I had quite a few interviews which often went nowhere. She said pending my background check she would have me start right away that was Monday, Wed the check came back which was good and I knew it would so I start training on Friday. This was an extreme pay cut as my old job I was making $16hr and full time with benefits and I had been there almost 5 years, but me and my husband are making the best of it as he makes good money and been on his job over 10 years. This is a stepping stone for me in the right direction as I prepare myself to bull a career in the human resources world. I was happy about the 20% discount until I heard you have to use a Macy's credit card or a prepaid card that you get the 20% deducted at the end of your statement cycle (which sucks I don't want to pay full price upfront) but that is not why I am working there it just an added bonus.

Negotiation

It is a part-time position and I have been out of work for almost 10 months, but I am also working on my master degree in human resource management which this gives me some experience in back office, which I have never had. In the application they ask you what pay range you expect, originally i said between $14-16 an hour but of course its only $10