Macy's Administrative Support Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Administrative Support Team Member Interview Questions

Interviews at Macy's

2.1

Administrative Support Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Interviewer seemed annoyed that she had interviews and asked how many more she had left. Went through the process just to say she did, very easy questions she read off of script. Already knew it would not end well, not very professional.

Interview Questions

• Are you just applying to have something to do? This pay range is not offered for this position.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Administrative Support Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I was very friendly. The interview questions were already given as a questionnaire. The questions were easy and based on my previous experience and how to put it into practice in this position.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Columbus, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

I went in described myself and then was asked a variety of questions. We laughed and discussed what I wanted and was looking for in a job and then she told me I was hired. So I would say that it was pretty easy experience.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with a disrespectful customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL).

Interview

HR manager very friendly. Willing to give you an opportunity. So sad they don't train as you expect, they lack of standards operation procedures, they don't follow up after interviews, you need to be calling to updates.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Bethesda, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online for seasonal hiring -- very quick. There were Holiday Hiring Events and I had applied to 2 locations. The 1st location to which I applied filled up quick so then I received another email saying that the 2nd location still had available jobs. They suggested times for me to come in to interview and I confirmed a time with the recruiter.
    The recruiter was very nice. It was more of a conversation. Basically, you want to show that you are great with customers, working with people, and friendly and helpful, and willing to work.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to interview in person about a week or two later. There were so many candidates there that the lady interviewed me in the hallway of the mall while two strangers were sitting with us

Interview Questions

• When was there a time you listened closely to a co-worker or customer and came up with a unique solution?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Was put in a room with other people conducting interviews so it was very loud and a little awkward, I was asked very basic questions and scenarios but I couldn't really hear due to the other interviews . the pay is 12 dollars and certainly wasn't worth the time and effort. The hours aren't worth the pay as well

Administrative Support Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I waited for at least 1 hr to be seen. As i waited i noticed that there were already 3 people doing the job that i was applying for. When i met with the interviewer I was told that the position had already been filled and offered another job whoch paid less and was doing something totally different. Overall the interview experience was ok but more like a waste of time.

Administrative Support Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's in June 2016.

Interview

After applying online received an automated email to set-up an interview time. Met with my now manager the Administrative Support Supervisor, she asked me many situational questions (that are pre-selected based on the position that you apply for). Afterward she asked me more questions pertaining the position and allowed me to ask her questions that I had for her. After getting through the predetermined questions the interview was a great conversation. They are going to look for original and well-though responses to the questions as every candidate will be asked them. Also dress professional (just like the associates) as many people come in too casual and that's usually a red flag to management. They will require a credit check for all positions and any executive or administrative position will require a background check which can take up to a week to clear.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Alpharetta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I submit an application for their AST position on a Friday and received an interview invitation via email the following Monday. Picked a time for the interview and showed up 10 minutes early.

Upon arriving, I was greeted by a receptionist in their executive offices. A few minutes later a department manager took me into a room for the interview. She went through the, fairly lengthy, interview questions and confirmed with me that I was interested in the AST role. Once she finished asking questions, she told me "let me go talk to someone about the position." She returned about a minute later telling me that the HR manager informed her that they are not actually hiring for the administrative support team, but they had various sales and stock positions available if I were interested.

The entire interview was a waste of my time as they did not even have the position I applied for. This company need to let applicants know ahead of time if the job they apply for isn't open, or maybe not post positions that don't exist at the store.

Interview Questions

• What was the last software or application you learned and how did you master it?   Answer Question
    • We value integrity, tell us about a time you noticed a coworker do something without integrity and what you did in response.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want a job a Macy's? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

The position that was offered was not what I applied for.