Macy's Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

2.4

100 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Robotic. Hiring manager had a stack of applications and I was one of them. Mgr asks you standard questions and does not look at your resume - don't bother printing it out. The standard questions did not apply to me and I had no way to make sense of this interview because I did not have previous experience in this role.

Interview Questions

• I prepared for this interview by looking at the interview questions provided by other glassdoor users. They're exactly the same. Why Macy's? Are you comfortable touching other ppl's faces? Etc..   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Arrived 10 minutes early for my interview. I was told to sit and wait for the interviewer. I waited over a half hour and when the interviewer finally showed up she told me they filled all of the positions in her department.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

There were two back to back interviews. One was purely behavioral, the second was behavioral, but with a technical spin. Both my interviewers were extremely nice- be sure to take advantage of the pre-interview networking session.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider if deciding what product to buy.   Answer Question

Holiday Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very uniform. Situation/behavioral based interview questions (STAR method). each interview lasts for about 15 minutes. I was in and out of the store under an hour.

Interview Questions

• describe a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer. how did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Omni Buying Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I met the Macy's recruiting team at my school's career fair. Shortly there after, you can submit your resume on their website and will have the opportunity to attend a few sponsored events. If your resume is good enough, you'll be selected for an interview and you'll have to formally apply for the program on Macy's career page. After the interview, the college recruiting team will let you know their decision within a few weeks.

RetailSales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interview was fine until I said I wanted to come in a little later on Sundays because I go to church. Even had on my availability that I could work on Sundays later in the day. I received an email the next day that stated I wasn't hired due to be availability. That was my only restriction.

Interview Questions

• What's your availability (even though it's already on the application)?   1 Answer

Seasonal Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday and got an email the following Tuesday to schedule an interview. On the day of the appointment, I checked in at the office 30 minutes early, and the lady who checked me in was very friendly. My interview started on time. The interviewer explained to me the job responsibilities and the possible hours and asked me three behavior questions, which were not difficult to answer. I wasn't asked the dreaded "Tell me about yourself" question. Overall the experience was very pleasant and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Macy's?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had taught somebody a skill.   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone interview a week later. Asked basic questions like, "Why did you apply for the job", "What experience do you have in Loss Prevention", and "Tell me about the things to look for in suspicious behavior"- Easy questions. So then I was told to come in to interview two days later, which was rescheduled because of a holiday, but a week later to be exact.

The in-person interview was with the Loss Prevention Manager and the same questions were asked, but more specific like, "Name your weakness and strength", "What did you do in your last job that required Loss Prevention", "Why hire you", "Name a company policy you did not agree with", and etc. Then I meet with the Lead Detective and was asked kind of the same questions. They did put a emphasis on the job requirements that consisted of video monitoring, chasing down shop lifters and being dressed in regular attire on the sales floor. I read someone else review and was fully aware. And I was told I would hear something in about a week. I told them I had another job opportunity which I do not recommend others do, but I'm a college student and I need as much income as possible.

I was called a little over a week and was offered the position. I accepted. There is a range, not sure how much, but I assume between $10-$12 depending on experience, but I was given $10 based on mine. The job is full time.

Interview Questions

• Stated above, nothing too hard. Don't over think it.   3 Answers

Fragrance Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied on Friday received an email to schedule an interview the following day. I schedule the interview for Monday. I am still waiting to hear back from them.I wore all black as someone else stated in here. I arrived 30 minutes early and finished with the interview at the time I was scheduled to be there. At the end of the interview, I asked few questions: What are the biggest challenges that someone in this position might face and do you believe I have what it takes to fill this position?

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you have to use a differentiated method to help someone solve a problem?   Answer Question

Macys Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

After waiting approximately an hour and thirty minutes (after my scheduled appointment), I was called to the back to begin the interview. The manager seemed friendly. I was asked simple questions and had a long, detailed reply for each one of them. She commented on how professional and detailed my answers were and told me that she would see if they still had any more openings. After 20 minutes of more waiting, I was advised that they didn't :/