Macy's Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

2.2

149 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Robotic. Hiring manager had a stack of applications and I was one of them. Mgr asks you standard questions and does not look at your resume - don't bother printing it out. The standard questions did not apply to me and I had no way to make sense of this interview because I did not have previous experience in this role.

Interview Questions

• I prepared for this interview by looking at the interview questions provided by other glassdoor users. They're exactly the same. Why Macy's? Are you comfortable touching other ppl's faces? Etc..   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Alpharetta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I got to to Macy's about 10 minutes early for my appointment. The interviewer was 10-15 minutes late. She didn't have a copy of my resume so, I gave her one. After reading over it she said I was very impressive and she thought this was a sales interview. She then went outside the room, but within ear shot, to ask if the VM manager was available to speak with me. I overheard some one telling her that they didn't have any VM positions and if she had asked if I wanted to interview for anything else. He then ran down a list of sales departments that were hiring part time. She returned and told me what he said and I asked to speak to the VM manager anyway to introduce myself for later consideration. She was very excited to take him my resume for him to review. She said he was working on the floor but was very interested in me and wanted me to email my resume. So, it may not prove to be a complete waste of time.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Arrived 10 minutes early for my interview. I was told to sit and wait for the interviewer. I waited over a half hour and when the interviewer finally showed up she told me they filled all of the positions in her department.

Seasonal Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Dunwoody, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Super easy. They didn't ask me any questions at all because they already hired someone else 3 days ago for the job.

I was told the reason the job was still showing open online is because they were waiting on a new hire's background check to clear.

Interview Questions

• Ummm is there another store you could work at maybe?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

There were two back to back interviews. One was purely behavioral, the second was behavioral, but with a technical spin. Both my interviewers were extremely nice- be sure to take advantage of the pre-interview networking session.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider if deciding what product to buy.   Answer Question

Holiday Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very uniform. Situation/behavioral based interview questions (STAR method). each interview lasts for about 15 minutes. I was in and out of the store under an hour.

Interview Questions

• describe a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer. how did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

RetailSales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interview was fine until I said I wanted to come in a little later on Sundays because I go to church. Even had on my availability that I could work on Sundays later in the day. I received an email the next day that stated I wasn't hired due to be availability. That was my only restriction.

Interview Questions

• What's your availability (even though it's already on the application)?   1 Answer

Administrative Support Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Alpharetta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I submit an application for their AST position on a Friday and received an interview invitation via email the following Monday. Picked a time for the interview and showed up 10 minutes early.

Upon arriving, I was greeted by a receptionist in their executive offices. A few minutes later a department manager took me into a room for the interview. She went through the, fairly lengthy, interview questions and confirmed with me that I was interested in the AST role. Once she finished asking questions, she told me "let me go talk to someone about the position." She returned about a minute later telling me that the HR manager informed her that they are not actually hiring for the administrative support team, but they had various sales and stock positions available if I were interested.

The entire interview was a waste of my time as they did not even have the position I applied for. This company need to let applicants know ahead of time if the job they apply for isn't open, or maybe not post positions that don't exist at the store.

Interview Questions

• What was the last software or application you learned and how did you master it?   Answer Question
    • We value integrity, tell us about a time you noticed a coworker do something without integrity and what you did in response.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want a job a Macy's? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

The position that was offered was not what I applied for.

Seasonal Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday and got an email the following Tuesday to schedule an interview. On the day of the appointment, I checked in at the office 30 minutes early, and the lady who checked me in was very friendly. My interview started on time. The interviewer explained to me the job responsibilities and the possible hours and asked me three behavior questions, which were not difficult to answer. I wasn't asked the dreaded "Tell me about yourself" question. Overall the experience was very pleasant and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Macy's?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had taught somebody a skill.   1 Answer

Ft Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Kennesaw, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

There was no contact with a live person through the process of scheduling an interview. However, the process was flexible so that I could schedule a time that was best for me. I received an email inviting me to interview.