Macy's Interview Questions in Aventura, FL | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 29, 2017

2.0

Administrative Support Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL).

Interview

HR manager very friendly. Willing to give you an opportunity. So sad they don't train as you expect, they lack of standards operation procedures, they don't follow up after interviews, you need to be calling to updates.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

i got an email a few days after asking me to go online and pick a day for the interview. The next available date was about two weeks later. the interview was at 2. I arrived at the office around 1:30 and signed in and gave the paper to the secretary. After about an hour she notified me that the interview was at the other macys building. So i ended up almost two hours late.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. About a day later received an email inviting me to schedule an interview. Interviewed in the store less than 5 days later, today, and one of the Sales managers offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply at Macy's?   1 Answer

Receiving Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

we're invited by email to schedule interview. i show up early. but still have to wait for an interviewer to arrive, and sometimes they don't even know they had someone scheduled at all... My info was put in wrong, as "sales"... and i had to repeat the process again... and do ALL the training videos again. Now i'm in, but i have yet to get any hours on my schedule... receiving Associate is a very very slim job with few hours.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you've had to adjust responsibilities to meet the demands of the job.   1 Answer
    • Macy's believes in integrity always... name a time you've observed employees or customers doing something they shouldn't, and what do you do?   1 Answer

Seasonal Visual Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview didn't start as scheduled, it actually started two hours later. When the interview started I was notified that the position was already filled and they asked me if I wanted to apply to other position, unfortunately I wasn't interest on that offer so I declined. Anyway they asked me a couple of behavioral questions. It was short and easy. The interviewer was really nice, she was sorry for all the time I had to wait.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever seen someone stealing something? what did you do?   Answer Question

I wasn't interested on the position they were offering.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL).

Interview

I applied and got an invitation for an interview the next day. They were late - my interview took place 30 minutes after it was supposed to. They offered me a commission job when I applied for non-commissioned sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted to vome in for an interview. I have no experience in retail and I am in high school so I'd only be able to work in the evenings on weekdays and I'm free all day on weekends. I was basically told I'm good for retail but my availability makes it difficult for me to work in retail. I was told that they attempt to place me in the "Support" department.

Interview Questions

• Many scenarios were being asked. "How would you meet your sales goal for that day", "what would you do if you saw an coworking doing something unethical", "how would you get someone to sell something they can afford" and "how would you ask someone to open a Macy's card."   1 Answer

Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was very short and to the point. If you apply for seasonal and have some type of sales background and customer service, THEY WILL HIRE YOU. I didn't have any, but i made up some and answered the questions. I prepared by reading some reviews on glassdoor, and all of the questions i read on here were the exact same ones they asked. You may not get the position you apply for. I applied for cosmetics and got a position in shoes.

Interview Questions

• A time you had to sell a customer a product   1 Answer
    • In a group which person are you, are you most likely to lead?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at macy's?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL).

Interview

Make a NEW account because I wasn't receiving any interview appointment. After a week i haven't finished the training.... takes long to get a PC at that Macys. It help a another woman was before me, she was wearing a very low rise white jeans and a small t-shirt. No very professional. I was wearing 3 pieces, all BLACK WITH a pink shirt. And boots.

Interview Questions

• What should do when see someone doing something illegal or inappropriate?   Answer Question

Negotiation

$8per hour on Draw vs com

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Very profesional and easy, I was waiting for 30 minutes, the interviewer asked me for my experience in retail sales, and very basic questions, I applied for cosmetic and fragance but they offer me a position in men's department, and I accept their offer.
    The interview took just 10 minutes as much.

Interview Questions

• Describe me a situation when you went above and beyond.   Answer Question