Macy's Beauty Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.4

260 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Riverside, CA).

Interview

The process was rather fast. She asked me why I wanted to work for the company while walking to the interviewing room. She also asked about availability.I felt like the interview process was more of a fast pace. I think she looked at my previous experience and thought I would be a good candidate. I still have to interview with the brand although she gave me to brand options. From there I am supposed to interview with the talent plus?

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you lead a team what did you do what was the outcome?
    How do you feel about touching peoples faces?
    How would you sell me a Macys credit card?
    How would you make customers come back to you?
    How would you sell a specific product to me and have it in my basket to take home?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Palmdale, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online & was asked for an interview the next day. Interview went very well but I mentioned the possibility of going back to school. I was told a few days later I did not have the availability they were looking for although I was available any day of the week.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable touching people's faces?   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

I interviewed at the Brooklyn location on Fulton street. Long story short I wait a hour and 30 minutes just to be interviewed how unprofessional and top it off she comes in eating. To make matter worst the first thing she ask me is if I know what flex means as if I had no idea as to what position I'm applying for. She was very unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I waited for about 10 minutes before my interviewer came in. Overall the process was as normal as it could be. Questions were standard. At the end of the interview, my interviewer told me that she loved my energy and that she'll get in touch with me soon. I tried to get a number to call, so she brought me back into the main office but then she kind of shooed me out of the room before giving me a number. It's been about a week and a half since the interview and I haven't heard either a yes or no.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable applying makeup to a clients face and/or hands?   Answer Question
    • When was a time that you saw someone being dishonest? What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you played a role in a group? What was your role and how did you work as a team to accomplish your goal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and set up interview on the same day by Macys job site. Scheduled the interview the next day. First, I guess with HR. then with all simple questions as on Glassdoor. Then, the called on the same to schedule the interview with Cosmetic Manager next week. Then, it got postponed to another week. When interviewed with Cosmetic manager, he asked the same questions as the 1st interview. He said I should get a call in 3-4 days to let me know and if the want to continue, I will have an interview with the brand manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Fresno, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was fast and pretty easy. She asked all the questions I read about on here. Then worst my answeres down. I don't know if she liked me or not. She said she would pass the info she wrote down on to the HR dept & I'd hear back from them either way.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell us a Macys Card   1 Answer
    • How would you handle working with & dealing with a difficult person?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Gainesville, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied over the weekend and was invited to do an interview the next day. I arrived about 10-15 minutes early, everyone was very warm and welcoming, The interviewer was incredibly nice as well. The only thing is the position had already been filled and I wish I was told beforehand cause it was honestly a great interview and I really wanted the position. She said they would keep my application on file.

Interview Questions

• A part of working at Macy's includes being able to sell a Macy's credit card, how would you go about doing that?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (West Palm Beach, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview was good asked expected questions but she interviewer told me she would be in contact with me in 3 days and more than a week later there was no communication

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Novi, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

I went through the whole interview and then the interviewer said, "let me see if the job is available" left the room and came back to tell me it wasn't.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

I got there at the time of my interview and let them know via phone that I was here and testy for my interview. They told me to wait in the lobby and they'll let me know when they're ready. I waited about half an hour and I saw a woman walk into HR and she came back out and called my name. She took me into a room and had sheets of papers filled with questions and asked me all of them. After the interview she said I'd be a good fit to work at Macy's but they didn't have any open positions for me because they have had a hiring fair the day before I came in. That really aggravated me because they had me come in to interview for no reason AND they were late. The interviewer put me on the "bench" where it's like a waiting list for jobs and she said she'd contact me if any jobs had opening which happened often and to see if I was still interested. The interview process itself was the worst experiences that I've ever had. Also putting into consideration, it was only the second day on the job of the person who had interviewed me.