Macy's Beauty Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Beauty Advisor Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Riverside, CA).

Interview

The process was rather fast. She asked me why I wanted to work for the company while walking to the interviewing room. She also asked about availability.I felt like the interview process was more of a fast pace. I think she looked at my previous experience and thought I would be a good candidate. I still have to interview with the brand although she gave me to brand options. From there I am supposed to interview with the talent plus?

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you lead a team what did you do what was the outcome?
    How do you feel about touching peoples faces?
    How would you sell me a Macys credit card?
    How would you make customers come back to you?
    How would you sell a specific product to me and have it in my basket to take home?
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

applied online and received an email invite to schedule an appointment. Once arrived, I was interviewed by a different department assistant (don't think it was a manger even). Very kind and polite.

Interview Questions

• how did you educate a costumer about a product and make them a repeat costumer?   Answer Question
    • How did you and a team accomplish a project in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Miami, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied a Monday night and I received the confirmation of my application, next day I received the offer to schedule an interview and I choose Saturday afternoon, They confirm my interview and expect me that day. Friday night I received a reminder of the schedule time. Its really good how they work online for the applications.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied the position online and got replied to set a face interview, I choose the next day of the day i received their email. Very friendly hiring manager. We had very helpful conversation. Unfortunately they had already hired someone else just a bit earlier than my interview, but overall I am appreciated the opportunity. : )

Interview Questions

• All questions are expected because all of them are based on my working experience.   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's in March 2017.

Interview

I received a email asking if I was interested in applying for full time position at the flushing location and if I was to fill out the application then reply back to email.This location only have a certain race of people working there but I figured she went over my application and notice what I put as my ethnicity. To make a long story short I get there she run through the questions complimented me on my make up and suggested another location that was way to far from me. I basically got denied the job because of my race. I received a email saying I didn't have open availability and I did. These people need to do there job if she went over my application like she was suppose to this wouldn't have happened. This was very disheartening they shouldn't wast people time.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Friendly and nice presentation of the line.To be sure about the products for to keep the clients permanent and some gifts from our company in lovely manners. To see them soon.

Interview Questions

• My prior experience. If I know Macys store enough If I like people to get good rate sales.Also about the salary and benefits events and week ends able to work.   Answer Question
    • If I can start inmediately.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Robotic. Hiring manager had a stack of applications and I was one of them. Mgr asks you standard questions and does not look at your resume - don't bother printing it out. The standard questions did not apply to me and I had no way to make sense of this interview because I did not have previous experience in this role.

Interview Questions

• I prepared for this interview by looking at the interview questions provided by other glassdoor users. They're exactly the same. Why Macy's? Are you comfortable touching other ppl's faces? Etc..   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Modesto, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online in their website, found a couple of openings so I tried. After 24 hours, I got an email saying I am invited for an interview so I scheduled using the link in the email. The day of my interview came, got in the HR dept which is inside the dept store, I came 20 mins early then the counter manager interviewed me. It was pretty fast and informal. I answered all the questions very well without statering. She is writing down all my answers while I'm talking. After the interview I asked how soon are they looking to fill in the position then she said this is only a preliminary interview then will call you and let you know if there is a position available soon. I don't know what that means. I just have to wait I guess.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have to sell a product to someone, how did you do it?
      Are you comfortable touching somebody's face?
      Was there a time you had a problem with a co-worker?
      How are you gonna make a customer to come back?
      How will you sell me a Macys credit card
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Antioch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Antioch, CA).

Interview

The interview was very easy, as being a beauty Advisor is essentially being a cashier that has detailed product knowledge in all the beauty areas in that specific Macy's. They want to make sure you have basic sales experience or capability so that you can convince people to open a Macy's card, be able to upsale products and collect commission, and be able to

Interview Questions

• They asked about work experience, hypothetical sales situations, and if I were comfortable getting people to get credit cards (a big part of the job)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

well the interviewer was laid back since she knew i was waiting for an hour , asked basic questions about customer service and incorperated a little makeup in there . very easy interview .. waiting on an email that i should recieve by saturday the 28th of january

Interview Questions

• Would you have a problem apply a product to a customers face or hand ?   1 Answer