Macy's Beauty Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Beauty Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Macy's

2.3

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

fairly easy and quick, questions were more personal and about myself in order to understand my potential as an employee. most questions were about scenarios that i would have with a client and how i would handle those scenarios, as well as questions about my past work experience in retail and beauty.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a potential costumer   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

interviewing manager is very friendly and make it easy, very chill, but asked a lot of questions. did not mind if you have experience or not, really depends on which hiring manager you get

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Riverside, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

Took a while for someone to open the office door for me and even longer to see me. Everyone walked by as if I wasn’t there. I honestly almost left after 30 minutes of waiting. The cosmetics manager wasn’t there so another department manager interviewed me. It went by pretty quick and I had an alright experience. The manager was very friendly and easy to talk to. Listen to the questions carefully because there are mainly 3 parts to each question they ask, so make sure you answer them completely.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you overcame a conflict   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your work/sales experience   Answer Question
    • What is your availability   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you didn’t have enough knowledge/skill in a situation. How did you overcome it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a long term assignment you had where you had to keep in touch with others. How did you achieve it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you use technology in sales.   Answer Question
    • How do you build trust in someone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Century City, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Was sent an email the next day inviting me for an interview. Interviewed that following Monday. They said they wanted me to meet the vendor's representative. It is only 2 days later so still waiting

Interview Questions

• All about beauty and skincare and selling the credit card.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trumbull, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Trumbull, CT) in August 2019.

Interview

My last interview with macy's was unprofessional. No only did he not ask me about any of my strengths but he kept talking the whole time about goals at the counter and after he was done he had the nerve to tell me that I will not be getting the job because it has already been filled! so why invite me in for an interview? complete waste of my time

Interview Questions

• How can I improve the sales at the counter when there is no foot traffic in the store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Riverside, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

Usually two interviews. Professional, friendly and easy to have a good conversation and be yourself while showcasing your skills. Came in for first interview and was asked questions about how i’d Be a good macy’s Employee. Second interview was more focused on cosmetics and sales targets etc.

Interview Questions

• How you’ll you sell these items to a client who had a vacation in the Bahamas?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Pleasanton, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

It took 2 days, I applied online, then I received a phone call for an interview with the manager, they ask about my experience, questions like, why Macy’s, some examples of sales. Then another phone call for an interview with the coordinator.

Interview Questions

• Are you confortable touching customer hands and face?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Birmingham, AL) in July 2019.

Interview

The only reason I didn’t have the best experience was because they made a 20 minute interview take an hour and a half because they were so unorganized. My interview was scheduled for 11am and I didn’t even speak to anyone until 11:40. I felt that they didn’t value my time and it was extremely unorganized. As soon as the interview was over they offered me a position other than what I applied for. I felt like they could have told me they were going to hire from within the beauty department before I wasted almost 2 hours of my day at the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (West Palm Beach, FL).

Interview

Met at the executive offices on PGA Boulevard Macy’s second-floor interviewed by men’s suits manager has minutes manager not available
    Questions were easy to understand at the end of the interview he told me that I could very well

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

The experience was fun and captivating. My interview was insightful. It gave me a vision of what i wanted to do to make my brand better. I got a job offer that day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Describe a difficult time and how you solved it   Answer Question