Macy's Beauty Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Beauty Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Macy's

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Kansas City, MO) in May 2013.

Interview

Typical interview process that consisted of asking me about my experience in the beauty industry. It was emphasized from the beginning the opening Macy's Credit card applications was a priority. They were forthright in telling me that employees are expected to work weekends and Holidays.

Interview Questions

• Can you work weekends and Holidays?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I apply online first. Then I wait for the email to tell me I can pick a day for interview. After that I started to do some research online to see the interview questions. Then I just go to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work in cosmatics.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Anaheim, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

It was fairly quick and easy. I just applied online and within a few days got an email inviting me to come in store to interview. I scheduled it online and had the interview within a week. I got about two email reminders for my interview leading up to the day of.

Interview Questions

• How would you get a customer to return and purchase again from you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Nashua, NH) in May 2012.

Interview

I was shopping in the store and mentioned to the lady behind the counter that I had 10 yrs exp in cosmetics but was currently a stay-at-home mom. She interviewed me out in the hall with my child running around for 10 min and was offered the job that day. I guess it was easy.

Interview Questions

• Since you were a manager in the past, how would you feel about being a beauty advisor?   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

One on one interview with counter manager and department mananger. It was easy just a lot of questions to answer. You must have good customer service to impress. You will have to interview with the counter manager and department manager. The department manager will ask a lot of questions compared to the counter manager.

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Northridge, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I arrived 10 minutes early for my interview, and sat in the Human Resources office for 15 minutes until I was finally interviewed. My name was called, and I was led into an office where my interviewer shut the door. I personally felt as though she was rushing things along and appeared to be in a bit of a hurry, being as she read the majority of the interview questions so quickly that I had to ask her to repeat the beginning of one of the questions. Over-all, this interview had the potential to be a lot more enjoyable had someone else been conducting it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you worked as a part of a team to accomplish a goal.   1 Answer
    • What steps would you take to ensure that new customers return to our store for future purchases?   1 Answer
    • Describe how would you handle a job that requires you to perform different tasks everyday, rather than the same tasks everyday? (I'm paraphrasing.. In other words: Are you comfortable with a job that requires you to do many different tasks?)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online and within 2 weeks I was emailed to choose an interview slot. Came in for an interview and completed the entire interview only to be told at the end that the position was filled. They then offered me the position of flex, which is a position that pick up hours

Interview Questions

• Name a situation in which you handled stress well. Are you comfortable applying makeup. Are you knowledgeable and eager to learn about new trends   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

One on one interview. Hiring manager asks scenario questions and in case situations questions. Laid back and non formal.
    Then hiring manager will review and go over job duties and etc

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in August 2015.

Interview

Filled out application on Macy's , .com. Got an email to scheduel an interview. Sent in and had an interview with a really nice cosmetics dept. Manager. She asked me questions from a paper and was impressed by my answers. Then she gave me her personal cell number and told me to expect a call from talent plus. Talent plus contacted me in 3 days and set up an appointment for a phone interview in 4 days. They called me at exactly the right day and time and asked me a lot of questions witch I had studied and taken notes for from Glass door. She told me it would b a week until Macy's would contact me. Did hear anything for 3 days so I called the dept. Managers cell and asked her my status. She said I scored very high on Talent plusvasnd said she wanted me to meet the counter manager. Counter manager called me in a couple hours and I went in to meet her at the counter, we clicked and the dept manager came up and asked me my rate and I told her and she said she would call me as soon as Sher heard anything. She called me back that night and gave me an offer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The process is very fast, I feel so lucky because the manager who had interview with me she is so friendly, clam my nerves and everything go so well. I went to glassdoor before i had my interview, the question is very similar with the website. I'm so glad about that. But somehow the counter manager not always here, the process took me about 2 and half weeks to get it done.

Interview Questions

• What is your retail experience? how you sell me about Macy's card?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I hope the process can be shorter, they look like they like me, but they never tell me which day to work.