Macy's Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.2

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

There was a hiring event going that I wasn't aware of... I asked a manager what I needed to do to she replied "go up to the 2nd fl. I filled out the app and got an interview for the next day @ noon.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

It was good, they asked a lot of questions but it was ok the good thing i was prepared and practiced a lot because it was my first interview ever and they were friendly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Ocala, FL).

Interview

The interview process was a joke. It was probably just for where I was, but the manager who interviewed me could not have cared less that I was there. I applied for a part time position and she said that there wasn't one (after having set up an interview for said part time position) but she would interview me anyway. The interview consisted of her telling me how I should answer her questions without me ever finishing any of my answers and her treating me like a child. She had no intention of offering me a job even before we tasted so it was a giant waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to show integrity toward your coworkers   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Eugene, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

Very quick and easy, started off with a few emails on Monday. I picked a time for the interview. After that meet with the interviewing manager for a one on one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Brooklyn, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

The Process Took About 2 Weeks. I Received A Email To Come In For A Interview. Get There Early To Let Them Know Your There. They Take You To A Room To Talk To One Of The Mangers. They Ask You Questions. Took About 25 Mins The Most.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was an easy interview got the job on the spot. It was basic interview questions. I only applied for seasonal. It was easy job lots or standing and the pay was adverage. The branch I worked at was slow so I stood around a lot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and their HR department is very fast in contacting me for an in person interview. I arrived a bit early to the interview, but the person interviewing me seemed as though they were a bit surprised that an interview was scheduled. There were several errors in locating my file/ application; which turned out to have been switched with someone else's. The interviewer asked basic questions, though they all seemed to be the same question, just rephrased.

Interview Questions

• If you saw an employee stealing money or goods from the store, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I'm not sure when i applied at the time because i put in several applications. Was sent an email telling me to schedule interview and also a phone call confirming the time. Interview was with a person of my peers a little older than me like 23-24. He was young and cool. They asked pretty customer service questions.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

They were really snotty I thought. Just a typical interview. But they want you to basically eat, sleep, and be dedicated to Macy's. Not ideal for a student. My schedule interferes with theirs. They want you to be there in the mornings i guess. They seemed biased against age too. Too young or too old they look down on you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Was called in & interviewed by 2 different people. They both told me they want to hire me, that they would had at least 300 open positions. Next day received an email saying they have no place for me.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if I saw someone stealing?   1 Answer