Macy's Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Feb 3, 2016

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was an easy interview got the job on the spot. It was basic interview questions. I only applied for seasonal. It was easy job lots or standing and the pay was adverage. The branch I worked at was slow so I stood around a lot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and their HR department is very fast in contacting me for an in person interview. I arrived a bit early to the interview, but the person interviewing me seemed as though they were a bit surprised that an interview was scheduled. There were several errors in locating my file/ application; which turned out to have been switched with someone else's. The interviewer asked basic questions, though they all seemed to be the same question, just rephrased.

Interview Questions

• If you saw an employee stealing money or goods from the store, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I'm not sure when i applied at the time because i put in several applications. Was sent an email telling me to schedule interview and also a phone call confirming the time. Interview was with a person of my peers a little older than me like 23-24. He was young and cool. They asked pretty customer service questions.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

They were really snotty I thought. Just a typical interview. But they want you to basically eat, sleep, and be dedicated to Macy's. Not ideal for a student. My schedule interferes with theirs. They want you to be there in the mornings i guess. They seemed biased against age too. Too young or too old they look down on you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Was called in & interviewed by 2 different people. They both told me they want to hire me, that they would had at least 300 open positions. Next day received an email saying they have no place for me.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if I saw someone stealing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Mission Viejo, CA).

Interview

It was really bad ,she didn't let me to answer question after that i understand the she had hire someone allready :( but i want to get job at macs or Bloomingdales

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Santa Clarita, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Extremely long process it was a total of two interviews and one walk in, they really dont require much experience but the pay is absolutely horrible. Although i received an offer once i found out how little the pay was i decided to not go with this company

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Garden City, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Very awkward, the interviewer just kept writing not really paying attention to your answers, the whole process felt rushed. I honestly did not feel comfortable during the interview at all but I still got the job so I was happy about that.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle certain stressful situations at your former job ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

very easy, asking questions about customer service history, how to handle customers, why am i applying for that job. manager was really nice, and offer the job instantly. the hourly wage was 9.00 an hour. i got the offer cuz i was living 5 minutes away from job.

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Middletown, NY).

Interview

applied online, got an email a few days later asking to pick a day off a a schedule that id be able to be interviewed, came in for an interview ( pretty simple) , asked a few questions dealing with retail and personality, got offered the job on the spot and was told the pay rate, accepted job, got a call back a few hours later saying that the position was actually already given to another girl, got another call back later that day and was told id be put into another spot, i then approved the offer again

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there weren't any negotiations