Macy's Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 31, 2017

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was interviewed by the men's department manager. I was asked about customer service and about selling the perfect product to clients. The job was offered right there, and training was scheduled the following week. Interview was short but a long wait for it to happen. Managers were always busy.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle multiple customers at once?   1 Answer

Seasonal Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online .Received an email to schedule for the interview.
    Interview process took just ten mins.
    Received a reply from them after a week stating my availability did not match their needs.

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview process took about 15 mins after waiting for about 40 mins for HR to get a hold of a cosmetics counter manager to interview me. The cosmetics counter managers that interviewed me were nice and said that they loved me and was a great fit and that they would pass my info along to the brand and that the brand would be calling me for a 2nd interview

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview went pretty fast the guy that was assigned to interview me was pretty unprofessional and not fashionably late he was very rude and had seemed upset about something .

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Macy's   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online, they emailed within a few hour to schedule an interview I guess because I was very available.
    Easy interview, pretty much talked about the job. Bring a portfolio if you have one and don`t forget to send a thank you note.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was okay. At the end of the interview, the interviewer said that she had to check if there were still spots open for that position. She came back to me and told me that all the spots have been filled but she highly recommends me to apply to be a merchandiser, but my schedule didn't allow it. I am a little skeptical about that but overall the interview was good and she told me she really liked me and my resume.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with difficult coworkers at your previous jobs?   Answer Question

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I arrived 15 minutes early and sat in the lobby for close to an hour. I was pretty upset, but tried to keep myself relaxed. Eventually the manager came and took me to the back and began asking a few questions. However, she eventually told me she was not the right manager and thought I was there for a cosmetics position. She continued with the interview and then asked me about my availability before leaving. The actual manager came up with follow up questions and then offered me a position right then and there. She was very friendly and I really enjoyed the interview because of her as she explained everything very well.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Be polite and they ask many questions. They like it when you dress nice and are very professional and do things that represent the company. They also like it when you research the company and know about the culture. You should be willing to work hard and do everything you can to help them succeed.

Interview Questions

Did not offer me the right compensation.

Floor Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Very easy, simple to set up appointment. The interviewer was on time, and very polite. Given that I was applying for a low level job the questions were not that intense. If you go in with a good attitude, and you have a personable attitude you should do extremely well.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I scheduled an interview for about a week after I was contacted for the job posting. I was worried that I would be interviewed for something else for less hours, but luckily I was interviewed by the visual merchandising manager. The conversation went well, but at the end she said that she was worried that I don't have more retail experience. The next day I was contacted that I didn't get the position. It seemed like a waste of time to call someone in if you are going to just reject them for not have 3+years of retail. I have plenty of installation experience as well as a BFA, which seemed ultimately more relevant to the positions' needs. It also seemed poorly thought out that the interviewer said that it's better to start in a suburb location, when its entirely impossible to do that when one already lives in the city.

Interview Questions

• Personal style, things seen around the store.   1 Answer