Macy's Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2017

2.1

77 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL).

Interview

applied online and eventually received an invite for interview that I was able to set up with a set of dates and times. Met with a manager and was asked background questions and work history question. fairly easy dress nicely be friendly and you pretty much got the job.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

There was a hiring event going that I wasn't aware of... I asked a manager what I needed to do to she replied "go up to the 2nd fl. I filled out the app and got an interview for the next day @ noon.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and they emailed me back a few days later to schedule an interview. I was able to choose my own date. They responded back a few hours later basically saying that they are going to persist with other candidates.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was interviewed by the men's department manager. I was asked about customer service and about selling the perfect product to clients. The job was offered right there, and training was scheduled the following week. Interview was short but a long wait for it to happen. Managers were always busy.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle multiple customers at once?   1 Answer

Seasonal Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online .Received an email to schedule for the interview.
    Interview process took just ten mins.
    Received a reply from them after a week stating my availability did not match their needs.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was very professional, straight to the point and great! I thought that the process was very fair and fun. I love Macy's! I love my job currently, too!

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable putting makeup on customers?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very interesting. I filled the application out and like a week later I get an interview. I received everything through email. They ask simple questions and you get offered a position to right the spot. The position was for seasonal cashier the holiday season. They always hiring and keep people if they would love to stay.

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview process took about 15 mins after waiting for about 40 mins for HR to get a hold of a cosmetics counter manager to interview me. The cosmetics counter managers that interviewed me were nice and said that they loved me and was a great fit and that they would pass my info along to the brand and that the brand would be calling me for a 2nd interview

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview went pretty fast the guy that was assigned to interview me was pretty unprofessional and not fashionably late he was very rude and had seemed upset about something .

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Macy's   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online, they emailed within a few hour to schedule an interview I guess because I was very available.
    Easy interview, pretty much talked about the job. Bring a portfolio if you have one and don`t forget to send a thank you note.