Macy's Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Macy's Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was interviewed by the men's department manager. I was asked about customer service and about selling the perfect product to clients. The job was offered right there, and training was scheduled the following week. Interview was short but a long wait for it to happen. Managers were always busy.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle multiple customers at once?   1 Answer

Seasonal Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online .Received an email to schedule for the interview.
    Interview process took just ten mins.
    Received a reply from them after a week stating my availability did not match their needs.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Vernon Hills, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by a manager who was personable and professional. I was asked a variety of questions to assess my fit with the job. The process was fairly quick and comfortable.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was very professional, straight to the point and great! I thought that the process was very fair and fun. I love Macy's! I love my job currently, too!

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable putting makeup on customers?   1 Answer

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview process took about 15 mins after waiting for about 40 mins for HR to get a hold of a cosmetics counter manager to interview me. The cosmetics counter managers that interviewed me were nice and said that they loved me and was a great fit and that they would pass my info along to the brand and that the brand would be calling me for a 2nd interview

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview went pretty fast the guy that was assigned to interview me was pretty unprofessional and not fashionably late he was very rude and had seemed upset about something .

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Macy's   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Skokie, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online & got an email days later to schedule an interview in person. It was quick they have a packet of possible questions & took notes. Did my best & got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Our customer is tech savy. How would you rate your knowledge on using technology?   Answer Question

Full Time Makeup Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Bolingbrook, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Very quick, not extremely formal but professional. Asked questions from a sheet of paper, typical experiences you have had with coworkers,customers, and etc. nothing surprising. I interviewed for the makeup position. But she set me up with a second interview for the shoe department and it was literally me meeting the manager and her going over the pay and asked if I wanted it.
    The training was absolutely MISERABLE 3 days you sit in front of a computer learning NOTHINGGGG the only helpful part is the POS training but of course.

Interview Questions

• Any examples of teamwork at you old job?
      How do you deal with customers?
      Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Skokie, IL).

Interview

The interview was very fast the person that interviewed me was rude didn't really smile just looked and shook her head. Didn't like how ill prepared she was. My interview I felt was not needed considering I have a bachelors.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online, they emailed within a few hour to schedule an interview I guess because I was very available.
    Easy interview, pretty much talked about the job. Bring a portfolio if you have one and don`t forget to send a thank you note.