Macy's Clinique Counter Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 30, 2018

3.4

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Clinique Counter Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Blind application process which I find frustrating. Interview process unusual - preliminary over the phone with Macy's. Then in person at Macy's, then phone with Clinique. Then the Talent Plus lengthy interview required before being in person interview with Clinique. After being hired you find out how you rated in the Talent Plus portion. Clinique does not hire without "passing" the Talent Plus portion.

Interview Questions

• What type of difficult direct reports have you had and how did you manage them?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked for more than posted hourly rate based on my experience and education. Had to have Clinique representative fight for me.

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Burlington, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

Was recruited from a different department within Macy's and was asked to interview with the Cosmetics manager about the position. Met with her then met with Clinique. Had to interview well in Talent +.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Austin, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

1. Interview with the cometics manager
    2. Talent Plus
    3. Interview with Clinique Executive manager

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you help someone develop a skill   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2009.

Interview

I found the opening listed on Monster for Macy's and decided to give it a try. I applied on line and found the on line application process to be time consuming. Needed to complete another in the store prior to the interview. I had a great interview with the cosmetics department manager, and was sent on to the HR manager for addidional questions. I had a good feeling about the outcome. She told me that Clinique would contact me for a "structured interview" for the counter manager position at thiis high volume store. I received the call for the phone interview about a week later, and arranged for it the next day. The structured interview was interesting. The questions were around job functions and personal characteristics requiring yes/no responses, and the subsequent questions required expanding on the answers. I thought that I did well on all three interviews, but I was called about a week later and was told that the position was filled, but no explaination was given. I was offered an opportunity to interview for Dior cosmetics but declined. Honestly, I did not like the structured interview. It was very impersonal and I could not get a sense of where they were going with the questions. It lasted for over an hour, With each question, the person on the other end keyed in responses on her computer and made some sort of evaluation of my skills and abilities without the benefit of knowing who I am as a person. I did not like the the attitude of the the person who arranged the phone interview. I felt forced to schedule the interview at an inconvient time for me and was not given much of an option. One of my friends told me a day later that she saw the same position relisted on Monster after I was told that the position was filled. Makes me wonder what happened.

Interview Questions

• What makes you smile? Why do you smile? What gifts do you buy for people and why? What if you had someone working for you who had an alcohol problem that did not present an issue at work...would you confront the person and how?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed to schedule an interview within 24 hours. I scheduled for about a week later and when I arrived (after driving 45 minutes after working at my other current job) I was told the interview was canceled because the manager was on vacation. So rescheduled for the following week. When I interviewed with the manager she seemed engaged and interested in my answers. She told me to take the Talent Plus assessment and she would give me a call to let me know the results. I never got a call. I called the store once to thank my interviewer and inquire about the results a week later, but never ever got a call back. I applied at Ulta about a month later to work at Clinique and it turns out I passed. I felt pretty awful to not get a call back, I was afraid I didn’t pass the test.