Macy's Commission Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Commission Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Macy's

2.1

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied on line for cosmetics and was called for an interview the next day. I talked to 3 different people. They did not explain their role. The interviews were quick (2 minutes each) and unprofessional. No one had actually looked at my resume or commented about my experience. I was made an offer one the spot for another department but they did not elaborate any details such as how hours work, benefits, commission schedule, etc. I asked to see a benefit package and no one could produce one. They said it would be available online when I qualify. This should have been red flag enough to pass.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. They offer a low hourly rate and hype commission but never provide a commission schedule or information on how you will be rated or reviewed.

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

i got an email a few days after asking me to go online and pick a day for the interview. The next available date was about two weeks later. the interview was at 2. I arrived at the office around 1:30 and signed in and gave the paper to the secretary. After about an hour she notified me that the interview was at the other macys building. So i ended up almost two hours late.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Bethesda, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was okay for me but it was one of the harder interviews I had, but they ask typical interview questions so be prepared, such as "name a time where you had a challenge and how did you overcome it?" Before I entered the interview, I looked up Macy's interview questions so that should help. Also, since I was home for the summer from college, I was told that they normally do not hire seasonal employees but I was an exception because I have a lot of potential. I went through 2 interviews and the second one is easier and you're told about the position and if it goes well, then you are told that you get the job.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you had and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer
    • If you had to sell a Macy's credit card service, how would you do it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I arrived 15 minutes early and sat in the lobby for close to an hour. I was pretty upset, but tried to keep myself relaxed. Eventually the manager came and took me to the back and began asking a few questions. However, she eventually told me she was not the right manager and thought I was there for a cosmetics position. She continued with the interview and then asked me about my availability before leaving. The actual manager came up with follow up questions and then offered me a position right then and there. She was very friendly and I really enjoyed the interview because of her as she explained everything very well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a fairly simple hiring process, I applied online and then i got and email the very next day to set up an appointment for my interview. They ask for your experience in retail and how you will handle a difficult and complicated problem. I was asked about my availability. Ask questions and express yourself fluently. Dress the part.

Commission Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Orlando, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

You apply online. A manager or HR will contact you and let you know you were selected for an interview. The interview takes place in the store. If you are selected right away they will ask you to turn in required paper work if not they will contact you later. And then... welcome to Macy's!

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience you had at a Macy's and what did you like about it?   3 Answers
    • You are assigned to a specific department, but a customer needs help in an area outside your department. How can you help them?   3 Answers

Commission Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Fairly simple process, they just ask you your experience in retail and how you will handle customers. Just be honest and truthful, it is a very simple interview but of course express you excitement to work there.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is one of the best thing to do with a customer?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Braintree, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Braintree, MA).

Interview

If you have a pulse...you're in. I forget exactly how the interview went, it was a few years ago, but I do know that it was the easiest interview I had ever been involved in. I truly do think that they hire just about anyone that walks in the door.

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Walnut Creek, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied for different position, had 2 interviews. 1st was with position supervisor who was new to their position, 2nd was with supervisor but department manager. Was notified within a couple of days that I had received the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle customer objection   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I was hired through a phone interview. The phone interview contained personal questions mostly about prior work experience and many behavioral based "tell me about a time when" questions. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. It wasn't the hardest interview but it also wasn't the easiest. I advise to be prepared to link your experience with how you can benefit their company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Seasonal job. No negotiations