Macy's Commissioned Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Commissioned Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Nov 3, 2016

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

i got an email a few days after asking me to go online and pick a day for the interview. The next available date was about two weeks later. the interview was at 2. I arrived at the office around 1:30 and signed in and gave the paper to the secretary. After about an hour she notified me that the interview was at the other macys building. So i ended up almost two hours late.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I arrived 15 minutes early and sat in the lobby for close to an hour. I was pretty upset, but tried to keep myself relaxed. Eventually the manager came and took me to the back and began asking a few questions. However, she eventually told me she was not the right manager and thought I was there for a cosmetics position. She continued with the interview and then asked me about my availability before leaving. The actual manager came up with follow up questions and then offered me a position right then and there. She was very friendly and I really enjoyed the interview because of her as she explained everything very well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a fairly simple hiring process, I applied online and then i got and email the very next day to set up an appointment for my interview. They ask for your experience in retail and how you will handle a difficult and complicated problem. I was asked about my availability. Ask questions and express yourself fluently. Dress the part.

Anonymous Employee in Braintree, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Braintree, MA).

Interview

If you have a pulse...you're in. I forget exactly how the interview went, it was a few years ago, but I do know that it was the easiest interview I had ever been involved in. I truly do think that they hire just about anyone that walks in the door.

Commission Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Fairly simple process, they just ask you your experience in retail and how you will handle customers. Just be honest and truthful, it is a very simple interview but of course express you excitement to work there.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is one of the best thing to do with a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Walnut Creek, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied for different position, had 2 interviews. 1st was with position supervisor who was new to their position, 2nd was with supervisor but department manager. Was notified within a couple of days that I had received the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle customer objection   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I was hired through a phone interview. The phone interview contained personal questions mostly about prior work experience and many behavioral based "tell me about a time when" questions. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. It wasn't the hardest interview but it also wasn't the easiest. I advise to be prepared to link your experience with how you can benefit their company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Seasonal job. No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Kendall, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Kendall, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

They ask you pretty simple questions and then ask you if you're okay with communicating and making a relationship with customers. They'll explain how the commission works (not that great though), and how you will have to use MyClient. The guy did who interviewed seemed hesitant talking about commission, seeing how it is complicated. After that, I got hired and asked me which of the following available departments I wanted. I chose and then I just filed paperwork after that.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with MyClient? Calling customers, and letting them know about the latest sales.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and a week later I received an email the following week. I had a bit of trouble scheduling the initial interview, but after that it was easy. I arrived 15 minutes early, and had to sign in. Later, I was taken to another room where I met with an interviewing manager. I answered every question honestly, and even explained that there where some questions I could not answer at the time as I did not have all the information necessary. 4 days later I received another email explaining that my availability is what cost me the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a customer to purchase a Macy's credit card?   Answer Question

Commission Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

I was invited to interview from another store when I researched job openings. We had a brief phone interview and was invited in for an interview. Assistant mgr joined with the store manager and spent an hour with me. Hired the next week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with an unhappy customer. How did you handle it?   1 Answer