Macy's Interview Questions in Corte Madera, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 7, 2017

1.8

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corte Madera, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Corte Madera, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was fast and easy. Manager was easy to talk to, I felt very at ease with her. She cracked jokes so that was an ice breaker. I like the people who are working there.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you had a hard time with a customer and overcame it   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corte Madera, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Corte Madera, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I answered an ad in the local paper and sent my resume in to the specified email address. Within a week or so, I received a phone call from a sales manager, who interviewed me for about twenty minutes. She then offered me a job over the phone, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who was dissatisfied with the selection at the store?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corte Madera, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Corte Madera, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview process went very smoothly. I applied online and with-in a few days received an email saying they were interested in me. From there, I set up a date to go in and interview with the manager of the men's department. The interview took less than an hour and was hired on the spot. I was asked different questions about how I could benefit the company/increase sales, how I would react in different situations, etc. From there, they put me into a 3 day intensive training course on how to treat others and how to work the register. Overall, it was a very educational experience.

Interview Questions

• When dealing with a difficult customer, how would you remedy the situation?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corte Madera, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Corte Madera, CA).

Interview

Applied online. It was face to face interview. Interviewers were friendly. They were not able to provide much information about the salary, about how they establish an hourly rate. They did tell me about an excellent benefit package. I was contacted very soon and was advised to go through a basic store training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the hourly rate a little bit. But their power to do anything was limited.