Macy's Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.3

61 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied on line. Got an email to set up interview. Went to interview and got hired on the spot. Started two weeks later. Love my great job. yeah, yeah, heah

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Miami, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email 2 or 3 days later asking me to scheduling an interview. I applied for the Clinique Counter Manager position, but when I went for my interview the lady who interviewed me introduced herself as the Clinique Counter Manager. I didn't say anything about the position because I figured that she would eventually explain what was going on, but instead she conducted an interview like normal. The interview took maybe 10 minutes, just basic getting to know you questions, and then at the end she offered me a part-time position. I finally told her that I thought I was interviewing for a counter manager position, and she shrugged it off and said that they only had a part-time position available at that time. She asked me to come back the next day to meet the store's cosmetic manager and do some paperwork, but I ended up canceling and told them that I wasn't interested in a part-time position.

Interview Questions

• asked me to describe my past work experience in more detail   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

Relaxed, just like a conversation getting to know each other. Wasn't too much about the job more about me and my thought process. I was promoted within the company so they knew my work ethics.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to elevate the counter's business?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Albuquerque, NM) in December 2016.

Interview

Came in for an interview, but the person who was initially supposed to interview me was late, so the HR manager for the store took me back to conduct the interview. The first thing she told me was that they had already put an offer in to someone else for the position I was interviewing for (which meant my being there was an entire waste of time). I went through the process anyway, and she told me she would call me back that afternoon to let me know if there were any other positions available that suit my skill set.

At the end of the day, I was emailed and told that my availability schedule didn't match what they were looking for (even though I posted full availability, including overtime).

I ended up getting a recruitment email by the regional manager for Esteé Lauder, asking if i would be interested in meeting with Macy's for the same job that I had just applied for, that was apparently already closed for over a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Santa Clarita, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for a job at Macy's and was invited to schedule an interview. I did so, received a confirmation of my interview and a reminder for it yesterday. I drove 50 miles to the store and waited for an interviewer just to be told the position had been filled. Not only was I not notified the position had been filled before I drove all the way there, the interviewer informed me the position had already been filled when I applied for it. The interviewer then proceeded to ask me to interview for a position that was not of the same caliber or pay range of the one I applied for.

Interview Questions

• The position you applied for has been filled, are you interested in interviewing for another position?   Answer Question

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to do an in store interview. The night before my interview I get a call canceling my interview because they had filled the position. I was extremely upset but then I saw they posted another Dior Cosmetic Counter manager position that same day but at a different mall. I went in for my in store interview, the Dior Vendor and Macy's manager both seemed to love me. A whole MONTH went by and I still hadn't heard back from them. I assumed I didn't get the job. Finally I get a call from the Macy's cosmetic department manager to set up a phone interview. After that the Dior account executive called me and did another interview. I felt like I did great once again. She told me they would make a decision by the end of that week. She told me she would text me her email to send her my resume... She never did. And when I texted her to thank her for the interview I got no response. It has now been three weeks since our talk. I called the store to follow up and they said they still had not made a decision yet.... It has been a total of 2 MONTHS. Absolutely ridiculous and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Orlando, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I arrived for the interview only to be told during the interview that they believe the position was filled already so they chose to stick me where ever they had an opening

Interview Questions

• give me an example of a time when you set and reached a certain goal   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Flushing, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview lasted around fifteen minutes. It was very fast paced, however I was told I was not qualified for the position, however, they would hire me anyway for another position. I clearly stated I wanted an hourly pay with commission. The person interviewing me said that's exactly what I would be getting, and once I left the interview and went to fill out the paperwork I was told that the job I got was a per-diem sales associate position which gives you no commission.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable doing make up on all skin types?   1 Answer
    • Describe a difficult situation with a customer at work and how have you handled it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (McLean, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Long, had to interview with six different people-including the store manager- .only to not get the original counter that I'd wanted, offered me less money than I deserved, gave me the run around with a bunch of different interviews, often was not honest

Interview Questions

• Are you good at inspiring others, are you good at coaching, tell me about a time you had to coach a team member.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Cherry Hill, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

A girl that looked about 18 years old came out and took me in the back to interview me. She barely made any eye contact with me. She asked me 5 ridiculous questions ... one of then I actually asked her to explain and she could not. None of the questions even pertained to my experience or why I would even be a fit for the position. She didn't even take the time to look at my resume.
    Very bad experience.

Interview Questions

• A time I had to adapt to changes at work? (seriously)???   1 Answer