Macy's Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick. Got an email right after I applied, to schedule a one-on-one interview. I was surprised I got called for a second interview, since I don't have retail experience. But didn't do so great on my second interview. I knew then that I wasn't getting hired.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a problem with a coworker how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interviewer was very personable. She made the process very comfortable. First she asked about my experience in customer service then she asked only a few simple questions but she didnt ask any questions related to the specific job title. The interviewing process was very laid back.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went out of your way for a customer   1 Answer
    • Are you open to working holidays and overtime   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Was alright, felt comfortable & welcome. The interview was very straight forward & so were the questions. My only gripe is I applied for a part time position & was told that's what I was getting but when it came time to fill out paperwork, I was told I was getting an 'On-call' position, which was a let down.

Interview Questions

• How would you get a customer to sign up for a Macys card?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview process took about 15 mins after waiting for about 40 mins for HR to get a hold of a cosmetics counter manager to interview me. The cosmetics counter managers that interviewed me were nice and said that they loved me and was a great fit and that they would pass my info along to the brand and that the brand would be calling me for a 2nd interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beavercreek, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Beavercreek, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, receive an email within a few days telling me to schedule an interview. Arrived at the interview and had to wait a few minutes before the lady came back, but it wasn't very long. The interviewer was very friendly and made me feel completely at ease. She told me that she really liked me and would forward my information to Clinique. I have to wait for the phone interview with Clinique now.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you worked in an environment that was constantly changing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Flushing, NY).

Interview

Scheduled online, very convenient that way. Interview took place in a back room area. Hiring manager was nice enough. Be ready to demonstrate sales experience and specific instances of skills. Also prepare to answer questions about what cosmetics products you use. Phone screen is required after this. Second interview with the manager of a specific cosmetics counter may also be required.

Interview Questions

• What cosmetics products do you use?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable touching another's face (since you will apply makeup to customers)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Fresno, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Macy's responded pretty quickly (two days after I had applied online). I had an interview set up for three days after I received the call. Very basic questions, they didn't ask me anything about the products I'd be working with, but the lady interviewing me was very impressed when I found ways to sneak in my knowledge of products to help answer my questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer didn't like a product?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

met with department manager, she was easy to talk with, but, serious about the position. She was impressed with my resume- and got the job. The longest was the paper work and then you train on a cash terminal for a week before going to the floor to work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I started out at 18.00 and she agreed. I worked for the company for 11 years and before the housing crash I would get a 25 cent increase yearly and a commission for my sales, after the crash nada.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Orlando, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online though re company's site. After applying I received an email with an interview date and time. When I came in They asked me what do I know about Macy's, and what do I want to gain from from the company. They explained that their company is known for growth and customer service and also their expectations for in an employer. After I gave an insite on myself and what I'm looking for within a company, I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Macy's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Fresno, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Typical Interview. Relatively easy questions as long as you know how to answer them. Be early, they really like that. Smile. Eye contact. Don't be nervous. They only took about 5 minutes to call me back. Interview lasted around 30 minutes. I applied for a cosmetic sales position so I was asked about retail and sales experience.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever dealt with a difficult coworker?   1 Answer