Macy's Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Macy's

2.5

Cosmetic Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied online - meeting scheduled online - generic meeting with a dept manager then second meeting with cosmetic manager. 3rd meeting with vendor rep then telephone interview with vendor coordinator. Stock interview questions throughout - no proper interview space. People seemed harried and stressed.

Interview Questions

• Are you the hungriest in the room?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Cosmetic Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The first orientation for jobs were in the job search center. The application is online, choose any job interest, later is the interview. The salary is comission. But not all jobs is for comission. The interview is one for one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Marietta, GA) in February 2011.

Interview

The interviewer was professional and the questions were straightforward. The interviewer seemed concerned that I was over qualified for the position. She spent more time trying to dissuade me from pursuing the position than asking questions. She accentuated the downside of the position and how I might find performing some of the required duties to be uncomfortable. Also, I am a Christian and she stressed that all sales associates are expected to be available to work on Sundays, and that if attending church would interfere with that requirement that I could attend a Saturday evening service somewhere--"Many churches offer them now".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2011.

Interview

Fairly easy interview. Asked for experience. How I dealt with difficult customers. How could I increase business. What I liked about retail. Describe certain situations at work. How I handled conflict in my work experience.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with difficult customers, How I could increase business. My past experience in retail.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I sent in my application and by the next day I was told to schedule my interview. I scheduled it for the closest time possible which at the time was the 22nd of June at 5 o'clock. I dressed professionally. Got to the interview in time but my interviewer took about 30 mins before she called me in for the interview. I didn't mind. I was just nervous because it was my first interview but I was doing my best as well. I had a lot of confidence and she kept saying good answer to the answers for the questions she asked me. At the end I got a chance to ask her a few questions like how she enjoyed working there and how she gets along with her coworkers and then I couldn't really think of much else to ask so we ended the interview with a firm handshake.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Costa Mesa, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Online test. Then I scheduled an interview online to go into the store. I took the first date available because I heard sometimes nothing is available. I went to my scheduled interview with an HR manager. It went well and a cosmetics counter manager called me the next day to schedule an interview with the Clinique counter. Then there will be one more interview.

Interview Questions

• How I would sell credit cards.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Jackson, TN) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online called in for several interviews sent to talent plus. Then called in for interview with managers and HR. I was questioned on how to handle many different situations and how to take care of stock I was introduced to many key players and to the store manager for final decision making. It was a long process and lots of competition

Interview Questions

• How to handle unhappy customer   1 Answer
    • Did I mind touching people's faces   1 Answer

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

two interviews one with manager and one with vendor. talked about my experience and my availability, they also asked about working as team and meeting my goals. They asked me about integrity and being honest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Sherman Oaks, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied through their website and received an email to set up an interview. I had a chance to choose between 3 days. I went in for the interview and it took approximately 30 minutes. After the interview I was told that an email means rejection and a phone call will be followed by a second interview with the cosmetic company that I would be hired for. After a month, I have not received an email or a phone call.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2013.

Interview

I was asked to go in and answer some standard interview questions about my previous jobs. Because I had worked for an outside company that does business in Macy's, I already knew the manager doing my interview, so it was fairly comfortable for me. For certain counters, you are required to complete a My Talent Plus interview on top of your Macy's interview, but this was not the case in my situation.

Interview Questions

• Did you meet your sales goals at your previous job?   1 Answer