Macy's Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 29, 2017

1.8

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

They asked you customers device questions. Be your self smile eye contact first a phone interview then you have a face to face. The interviewer was very nice I was very nervous make sure you show up on time

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Buford, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied and they called me within two weeks of submitting the application online. An interview time was scheduled for an in-person interview. It was brief and involved responding to many given scenarios of how I handled things in the past, such as angry customers, collaborating with a group to reach a goal, as well as how I would sell a Macy's card in the future. I impressed the manager that interviewed me and was given the position on site. They did not, however, call me back to schedule training and I had to call them two weeks later to set up a training shift with them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with an angry or upset customer in the past. How did you fix it for them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Skokie, IL).

Interview

The interview was very fast the person that interviewed me was rude didn't really smile just looked and shook her head. Didn't like how ill prepared she was. My interview I felt was not needed considering I have a bachelors.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Long process two phone interview and two onsite interviews

Interview Questions

• Mention a time when you have a difficult situation and how you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Sat in a room with about 10 other people who were waiting. Interviewed with one manager. Tell about a time u dealt with a difficult customer. How would u sell a top? What would u do if u saw a manager stealing? Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much wiggle room.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

hiring process was quick and easy.. one interview then offered a position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Miami, FL) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied for Macy's online and in 2 days received an email to schedule an interview. When I got there the manager that scheduled my interview wasn't there so, I had to wait for the HR rep to call in another manager which took an hour. When the manager came in he was very easy going and professional. He asks basic interview questions from a script and offered me the job, I accepted the job offer and he left out the room to get my papers ready but after 30 minutes of waiting the manager returned only to tell me that the previous manager who scheduled my interview had scheduled a surplus amount of interviewees. Needless to say, they retracted my job offer and told me to reapply for another position, but I didn't bother.

Interview Questions

Frustration from the manager's mistakes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Mason, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

It was a very weird interview. Very low energy from the recruiter. Seemed like she did not want to be there or asking me questions. Then out of no where she sparked up. It was almost like a good cop/bad cop situation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a customer service problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

Every bit of Terrible! I was sent an email to schedule an interview, I was sent another email confirming my interview for the next day...... I arrive 10 minutes early, for them to tell me (before the interview) that "there aren't any positions available, do you wish to continue with the interview process?" I tell them "yes" she asks my availability i tell her im available any time. she asks what my hours will be during the school year, i tell her anytime after 12pm she says "GOOD JOB" well we only have morning positions. ( i was a little thrown off by her saying good job) so i sit there waiting for her to continue. she just stares at me for 1minute 1/2... i rolled my eyes and kindly asked them to reimburse me for the gas that i wasted getting there!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Cleveland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in May 2011.

Interview

I applied online with a resume through their website and was emailed that they were interested in hiring me. The email sent me to another website where I had to schedule a available interview date myself.
    They ask you the usually questions like what would you do in this situation and why Macy's and what position you are interested in. The employer was very nice and we laughed. Dress very professional this is Macy's not Hollister.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to sell something?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to take the role as leader of a group.   Answer Question

Because they offered me another position that I was not interested in working. Which was early morning stock.